News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barn finds at MCACN 2019

Started by 68CarlRT, November 23, 2019, 12:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68CarlRT

Here is a couple pictures of 68 hemi charger R/T in the barn finds display in Chicago

70B5Cuda

Im pretty sure both the 68 and 69 Charger barn finds belong to the same guy
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Where's the rest of the pic, esp. of the 69?

70 sublime

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 23, 2019, 02:29:04 PM
Where's the rest of the pic, esp. of the 69?

Well it was posted by a guy with a 68 in his name so be happy with what you got  :smilielol: :smilielol:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

68CarlRT

Some more pictures enjoy

tan top

:o  good stuff ! thanks for sharing  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jefferson

Anyone take a good guess at what theyd be worth? Haha

djcarguy

:2thumbs: :popcrn: :2thumbs:  :popcrn:   well not to bee to greedy   how bout pix of Daytona an looks like few more mopars there,,please??

Maaybe 1 of the blue gremlin ,is it  a X v8 model?  thanks from the west coast ,DJ .   :drool5: :2thumbs:

wingcarenvy

Both Hemi Chargers owned by the same guy. He is Charger crazy, he owns well over 100 of them and restores them one by one. He actually has a rest shop in the South that only does his own cars.

68CarlRT

I have some more pictures. I just need to rename, and resize them. So stay tuned  :drool5:

68CarlRT

Ok have some renamed let's try to post again.
I have some of the gremlin just need to find and resize.

birdsandbees

Man that Daytona looks way too clean to be a "Barn find" ! Headlights are new... twinkle dust is light..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Birdflu

That's what I was thinking when I walked past it...

VegasCharger

Quote from: birdsandbees on November 24, 2019, 05:04:38 PM
Man that Daytona looks way too clean to be a "Barn find" ! Headlights are new... twinkle dust is light..

:iagree:  :iagree:

Which is why I think these shows are a joke. The whole "Barn Find" concept is a joke. Every old muscle car for sale miraculously just happens to be a "Barn Find".

:cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

The Munster's vacuum cleaner makes any car into a barn find....

Fitz73Chrgr

I hate that the Daytona is going to be restored.  Just clean it up and get it running.  :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Ghoste

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 25, 2019, 02:19:55 AM

Which is why I think these shows are a joke. The whole "Barn Find" concept is a joke. Every old muscle car for sale miraculously just happens to be a "Barn Find".

The auto equivalent to reality shows.

djcarguy

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on November 25, 2019, 08:46:41 PM
I hate that the Daytona is going to be restored.  Just clean it up and get it running.  :Twocents:
AGREED XXXXXX 200 ON DAYTONA  ???  ??? NEVER BEE SEEN AGAIN OR DRIVEN  ???

VegasCharger

TheAutoArchaeologist

This is my section of the show, and I verify every car in there for authenticity.  All cars there are Barn Finds or Hidden Gems.  The Daytona was a barn find, the whole story will be coming out here shortly in Hot Rod Magazine.  It is as legit as they come.

My section was the most popular at the show, and has grown in such popularity that we now have multiple magazines doing entire issues based on the cars that are displayed there.  It might not be your thing, but it is for thousands upon thousands upon thousands of others.

Here's everything from Barn Finds.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/albums/72157711941283957

70 sublime

How hard was it to keep people from touching all the cars and knocking all the dust off ?
A couple look like the dust is gone on the corners where they rubbed past them

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 27, 2019, 12:16:02 PM
How hard was it to keep people from touching all the cars and knocking all the dust off ?
A couple look like the dust is gone on the corners where they rubbed past them

That wasn't a problem, since most were off to restoration right after this.

nchrome

What the heck is the thrill or satisfaction of leaving the dust on these gems :drool5:.  lf ya really want to have such a uniqueness leave then in the barns where ya found them and let them rot in peace :2thumbs:.  But what a waste to find a gem and not do anything with it. Just my  :Twocents: worth  :nana:

Alaskan_TA

Ryan,

Please do not let the negative personalities here & elsewhere wear you down?

It takes a lot of time & effort to help get cars like these into the eyes of the public.

Everyone there that I talked with LOVED seeing these cars. Hearing the stories from the owners was even better.

Saturday especially, huge crowd.  :cheers:

It was the only section I took the time to visit every day & I heard & learned more each time.

Thank you! :2thumbs:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 27, 2019, 10:18:19 PM
Ryan,

Please do not let the negative personalities here & elsewhere wear you down?

It takes a lot of time & effort to help get cars like these into the eyes of the public.

Everyone there that I talked with LOVED seeing these cars. Hearing the stories from the owners was even better.

Saturday especially, huge crowd.  :cheers:

It was the only section I took the time to visit every day & I heard & learned more each time.

Thank you! :2thumbs:

No worries, some people just don't get it.  Most do.  It is a blast, sucks we are the biggest section, the busiest section, and there is no place else to grow into.

Kern Dog

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 24, 2019, 03:39:39 PM
Both Hemi Chargers owned by the same guy.  He actually has a rest shop in the South that only does his own cars.

I drive by those on the freeway. They often have 18 wheelers there. Its a good place to take a piss on a road trip.

jefferson

i reckon if i leave my charger in the garage for another month it to will be considered a barnfind. Been a month since last washing and polising it, and its already quite dusty again.

Ghoste

I admire the work you do in finding actual hidden treasures Ryan, dont misunderstand my comment.  Coming from the auction side of the "hobby", I see enough people claiming to have bran finds when they really arent that it leaves me jaded.  Thats why I compared them to reality shows. 
Just because its dirty doesnt mean its a barn find.

70 sublime

So what defines barn find ?

How long does it have to sit in a barn to be found ?
Someone always knows it is in the barn because they put it there or helped put it there

My car sits in a barn most of the time over the summer between drives ( right next to the bales of hay )
And yes I have lots of dust and dirt on it to prove it  :nana:

Old Moparz

I'd rather see the dusty old stuff that needs work instead of the over-restored trailer queens.  :2thumbs:

And my stuff has been sitting in the garage for so long that once dementia sets in I can go out there & think I discovered some cool stuff.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

maxwellwedge

I was trying to find the owner of the Daytona to say.....restore it? Why??? It looks like it would clean up to be great survivor.  :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I love the Barn Finds Section of MCACN.   A few years ago, the Ford wagon w/ stick shift was one of my favs :Twocents:

bigdsul

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on November 23, 2019, 01:02:53 PM
Im pretty sure both the 68 and 69 Charger barn finds belong to the same guy

Troy who live up in Brentwood a couple hours away from me. His place is a bit of charger legend. Has something like 24 2nd gen chargers. RT, RT/SE, SE, sunroof, HEMI only thing missing is a Daytona and a charger 500.

bigdsul

Its a fad that the masses have bought into. Barn find somehow equates to a hidden away rarer than rare car lol. Most of the time that isn't the case nor have they all been close to being barn finds. Most have been pulled from storages, garages, hangars, etc.

PrisonHack

I love the barn find cars and the stories that go with them, living in the rural south I drive by old homesteads and farms all the time and in the back of my head I'm always wondering what could be in that old shed or barn.

DanielRobert

I'd like to see a "barn find"/ "hidden gems" show in every state. I don't get why it would be considered any more of a 'joke' than any restored car show.
Sure, it may be hard to prove sometimes, but if someones actually investigating the back story I would take it as legit. It's a lot different than the local craigslist or ebay ad where there's a lot of throwing around that phrase. Go to any car show and you'll find most of the attention on the cars in progress or just pulled out of the weeds and brought back to life. I would venture to say the guys who build their own cars have a deep appreciation of what a car started off as.  It's funny ....these restored cars started out this way...that's not a fad, that's reality.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Barn Find Chargers, as they do apparently exist.  :Two cents:

fc7_plumcrazy

thanks for the work putting up the section in the show.
It was my personal highlight there

Carsten

bannedbird

Ryan (the barn find guy) told me a few years ago to do what I like with my car.  Stock, Day 2, or even Day 18,292.  He understands there are people that like fully restored to factory condition and others like keeping the car iconic as previous owners did "back in the day".  He also does not like "fake" finds or photo shoots that over state how it really was when found.  So, although it may not be "your thing", a lot of people appreciate the amount of work he does to present these lost cars to us in the general public.  I know it can take years for an owner to unveil what has been private for decades.  Because of him (and others), we now know of cars that were "lost" to time.

And I know for a fact that Ryan is selective on cars he features.  My 11,000 mile 1964 Salon (3 original headlights) shown here was obviously in a barn for many years, but really not that interesting of a car.  So he passed on doing any feature on it.  BTW: After a few days at my shop, I cleaned it up (although I thought the paw marks in the original dust would have made a good display!). 

What makes a barn find?  A car hidden from public for over 25 years is my definition.  Found in a barn is best, but maybe an out building is close enough.  Even a storage locker or garage could count, but pushing it.  Maybe Ryan has a definition himself.

So barn finds really do exist, so no need to fake them.  My 'Bird was removed from a barn in 2003 or 2005.  It had 1978 safety sticker and tags on it, so it sat a while.

My 429-mile Cosworth-Vega has sat since 1999.  I wouldn't call it a barn find, but it probably would be appropriate in a "barn find" display if someone bought it from me.  I should probably pull the tarp off and let some dust settle on it, but that would be cheating - lol!

Anyway, thanks Ryan for your hard work. 

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

ht4spd307

Too me a barn find is something that has been sitting since new or close too or  low miles in mint condition with dust & pigeon shit  on it not a piece of crap rusted dented different colour panels parked up because they blew the transmission

dual fours

I always knew where she was, just had to forget about her for a while. A very bad/sad thing happened one night on the west side of town... I parked her some time after that and walked away, for 30 years.
In 2013, after the Carlisle Show, I started to dig her out. It took me a year to dig her out and get to the passenger door and when I opened the door...the keys were in the switch an a 8-track in the deck.
New gas tank, silver ECU box, spark plugs, rebuilt the carbs., brake system, re-cored radiator, tires, a few new taillight bulbs, new tags and Haggerty Ins. And off we went, what a blast from the past!  
I drove her to Carlisle in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

wyliemn71

I know of a guy with over a dozen second gen chargers, all different models including plain jane, RT, RT SE, Daytona, charger 500, 318 to six pac to hemi stuff. just an average guy but has always had a love for that body style.

wyliemn71

P.S. Ryan keep up the great work!!!

chargerman69

I have a C2 vette a friend has that hope to bring this year,
Had a 69 ss camaro and 65-67 GTO both sitting 30+ years tired for years to get for the show but the cars are gone now

krops cars

This will drive you guys nuts. I love the Charger always will. There is a Chevy Monza there. My brother had one with a 350. That car was sweet and fast. I had a 1980 with a v 6 and a 5 speed. That car was sharp and I really enjoyed it.