News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger questions

Started by riggs626, November 23, 2019, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riggs626

I did a search but could come up with anything and was wondering if the lower tail light trim on the 68 is repopped and if anything on the front steering and suspension can be swapped from an E body to my B body

Troy

I don't believe the trim is but I honestly haven't looked in a while. The 2 outer pieces that sit directly under the lights are pot metal and are nearly always pitted. The center part holds up very well and can be found used in good shape.

The suspension and steering are very similar and a lot of it from an E body can probably be used. For sure, the torsion bars (although there are several sizes of these based on engine), steering box, upper control arms, and idler arm. I believe the cross member might be different. The spindles are likely different depending on brakes (most 68s didn't get discs).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.