News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

adjustable rocker arms

Started by dodgebee, November 25, 2019, 08:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgebee

i see these for sale some on ebay and they are fairly expensive are they good to use on hi po engines,anyone has any history in using these on their cars in the past and now. i have 383 hi po street eng. thanks

c00nhunterjoe

Dont "need" them unless you are running a solid cam.

Mike DC

Most valvetrain upgrades don't really prove their worth until you get into high revs.  6000 and more. 

c00nhunterjoe

Chryslers stock setup is very robust. On a good block, the stock setup will spin past 6 making power reliably. When the times comes, i prefer the comp steels. Usually sell just under 700 bucks. Dont skimp and buy cheap no names. You will regret it.

b5blue

Proper push rod length is critical, it's why they make "cut to fit" push rods. Done right at assembly time, non solid lifter engines will self adjust for life. (While saving valve train moving mass/weight.)

BSB67

Quote from: dodgebee on November 25, 2019, 08:27:40 AM
i see these for sale some on ebay and they are fairly expensive........

What are "these".  There are a bunch of rocker arms for sale on eBay.  Most look like cheap junk. You get what you pay for.

If they are less than $500, don't buy them. 

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph