News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lakewood bell housing

Started by dodgebee, November 28, 2019, 08:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgebee

thinking about buying one from a guy for bb eng,he does not know if it will fit a 11 inch clutch or not,how do you measure to determine if its a 10 or 11 inch. block plate number 15765 says it a bb mopar do not know 10 or 11 inch. thanks

John_Kunkel

Newer Lakewood housings will fit different flywheels, they have two different locations for the starter pilot. Check the starter area for two holes side-by-side to locate the starter pilot socket.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

birdsandbees

I originally installed mine in 1979, it will fit either the 10.5 or 11" clutch / flywheel.

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Ghoste

Now why did I not think to paint mine orange?  Another project to complete now lol.

dodgebee

birds and bees i have your old style lakewood bell  same hole pattern.

70 sublime

So this is the bell housing I have and it only has one hole for the starter
Does that mean it is only good for the smaller flywheel ?
Can the extra hole just be drilled and move it over for a bigger flywheel ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

You'll notice that the newer housing has two holes for the starter pilot and it has two sets of holes for the starter bolts, so adding just a second pilot hole won't work.

Only way I know of to determine which flywheel yours is set up for is compare to a known housing.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.