News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel tank removal

Started by duckmanreno, December 04, 2019, 07:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckmanreno

Is there any advice/procedure to remove the fuel tank from my 69 Charger? Going to need to be cleaned or replaced.
I appreciate any info.

Thanks Joe
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

John Milner

I changed mine not too long ago. Nothing really too hard about it. Just loosen the fuel neck to quarter panel, remove the fuel line from the sending unit, loosen the straps, and drop it down. Much easier when the tank is empty.

VegasCharger

I would remove the filler tube completely before loosening the straps. That way the tank stays firm while twisting out the filler tube. You could remove the tank with the filler tube intact (just remove from qt panel) but you need more clearance underneath. Depends on your work area. Also don't forget to remove the feed wire plug to the sending unit.

:cheers:

303 Mopar

And if your sending unit is OE or at least 10-15+ years old, KEEP IT!  The new units are junk, don't read accurately and leak due to a thin cheap lock ring.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

duckmanreno

22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!