News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 Ralley parts ?

Started by ACUDANUT, December 04, 2019, 11:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

When Did Chrysler start to spell Rallye OUR way ?

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 04, 2019, 11:57:13 PM
Our buddy, old buddy Sal has 68-70 Ralley parts.
"His add  reads "68-70 Ralley parts".
We all know it as Rallye, and that mopar name did not come until 1972. :Twocents:... Or did it ? :shruggy:
My '68 and '69 Charger both have a Rallye/Rally/Ralley dashboard. Who gives a f#ck how you spell it. Get a life.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Lennard on December 05, 2019, 12:09:44 AM
We all know it as Rallye, and that mopar name did not come until 1972. :Twocents:... Or did it ? :shruggy:
My '68 and '69 Charger both have a Rallye/Rally/Ralley dashboard. Who gives a f#ck how you spell it. Get a life.

Lenny, take you meds.

Kern Dog

To me, I always thought the spelling "Rallye" seemed strange.

b5blue

Copyright rules force spelling changes.

Ghoste

I think it was just a cool marketing thing.  How did GM spell it for the Chevrolet wheel option?  Could have been to differentiate it from their use of the word?

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 05, 2019, 12:11:17 AM
Quote from: Lennard on December 05, 2019, 12:09:44 AM

Lenny, take you meds.
I see that you haven't changed your habits and still edit your messages after someone replied to you. I guess that is just what senile old people do.

HANDM

My 78 Scout Terra Rallye has it spelled out on the hood and my Challenger has them on it so after seeing it spelled like that for the last 30 years, any other spelling seems wrong...

ACUDANUT

Lenny, your right. I was wrong.  I guess I was thinking about cars themselves, not interior parts. Sorry about that.

cazzz

Who's sleeping on the couch tonight??? kiss and make up you fools..... :slap: :cheers: