News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Muffler Advise

Started by SandyLee21, December 05, 2019, 10:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandyLee21

I have a 70 with 318 that has alot of mods (Bored, cam, headers, NOS). True dual exhaust and need some new mufflers. What do yall advise? Borlas or Flowmasters? I really like to "hear" the cam etc. Has TurboKings on it now, but getting wore out.

c00nhunterjoe

Advise on mufflers is more like opinions. No matter what muffler you use, you should "hear" the cam if it has alot of overlap. If it isnt rumpty rumping now, then it wont with the next muffler. Your best bet is youtubing, then find some you can hear in person. What i like, the next poster wont like, and the guy after him wont like either.
   That said, i like the dynomax ultraflo, flowmaster fx, and flowmaster super 50 sound. They all sound best with an h pipe in my opinion.

TexasStroker

Yep...everyone will have different opinions based on their preferences.  You'll also have a change in tone if you go from two straight pipes to an H or X pipe.

I'd figure out if you prefer the sound of chambered mufflers or glasspacks and then break it down on what fits best with your configuration and your budget.  There are an insane amount of options these days.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!