News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car valuation - effect of modifications?

Started by mrob, December 16, 2019, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrob

Not trying to open up a can of worms, but after seeing a few posts from people asking about valuation for insurance purposes it had me wondering about the effect that modifications have on value.

For example: how would you determine the value of a Charger with a modified engine or a swap from a small block to big block? Or with a 4 speed swap?

The resto cars have an easier time determining value because there are published booklets with values. Plus there are auction results.

Just curious what the opinions are ...

Ghoste

Having worked in the auction business a long time, my personal observations and opinion would be that GENERALLY, a properly restored and stock car brings more money.  However, very well done (and very few of them are) modified cars can ring the bell.

odcics2

Folks like to buy them stock, then do stuff, if they wish.

Lots of modifications are done 1/2 assed!!    :yesnod:

Example - check out all the driveline mods with parts that operate in different RPM ranges!     :smilielol:   (not this site, of course)
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?