News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The “Real” Ecto 1 returns

Started by JB400, December 10, 2019, 11:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Kern Dog

If they could do a DOH movie with realistic CGI stunts that destroy NO Classic Chargers, choose a cast that fits the traditional characters style, use a script that isn't backwards like the 2005 movie, I'd love to see it.
I didn't like that Boss and Rosco were not funny. I didn't like the pot smoking scenes. The guy they had playing Cooter is an annoying dude. The best part of the movie was the stunts. The drifting around the traffic circle was great.

Mike DC

The grapevine says they bought two more Cadillac ambulance/hearse conversions for this new GB movie.  One stunt car and one cut apart for camera work.  They had 2 existing old Ecto-1s from the 1980s.  

'Dukes' is out of the question today because of the Confederate flag/references.  Whether they keep it or remove it, either way they have bunch of angry people on their hands.  The studio cannot win and the sales of a 'Dukes' reboot aren't worth the potential blowback.            

The 2014 'Dukes' Auto Trader commercials avoided ever showing the flag, or even the GL lettering on the roof.  They never said the name "General Lee" (they only ever called it "old friend" or "number 1").    They did several jumps but they never played the Dixie horn.   Pretty slick work to edit around all that stuff, huh?   But this gives an idea of what the studio is comfortable with these days.

Wakko

Unfortunately, Mike is right.  I don't see the Dukes ever being reborn unless the General was redesigned.  Considering the bastardization of other remakes, it's not outside of the realm of possibility.  For jump cars, the reskinned Crown Vics are a great substitute. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM