News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What does this A/C part do?? I lost it

Started by DAmatt, December 15, 2019, 04:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAmatt

I'm nearing completion with my restoration of my '68, I'm now tackling the air box and dash. Trouble is, it seems I lost 2 things while everything was apart.

1. Could someone please tell me what the circled thing is, and if it can be replicated in function, if not in physical aspect? What are those connectors? First attached pic is what I believe is my missing part attached to the box, second is my installed airbox with just a hole where the piece would be screwed in.

2. In the third picture, I have my restored a/c temp control, but I lost the temperature knob. I remember it having a metal rod connecting it to something. Any of you know where I could source that? All I find is the bezels...

Any help would be greatly appreciated
1968 Charger R/T auto, matching numbers 440 rebuilt to stock specs w/ L2355F .030 pistons & .039 gasket, MP 4452783 cam, stock 4637S Carter AVS rebuilt by Harms automotive feeding a stock 2806178 intake manifold. Air gets into unported 906 heads with hardened seats, and exits through HP manifolds and through an Accurate 2.5 to 2.25 aluminized exhaust to the 2.25 stock chrome tips. Still in awe of what the engineers were able to do more than half a century ago!

Gold Rush

Blower Circuits 1  , on Flickr

In this picture see the resistor network on the right center...   That lives inside the heater box so it can be cooled by flowing air.  The piece you are missing is the mount and external connections for that resistor network.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

green69rt

The little panel in pic #1 is the blower motor resisters.  They are in the air stream to keep cool.  Can't help on the rest.  Ooops, see that gold rush beat me to it.

DAmatt

Thanks a lot guys!

I found the resistor @ $300 USD, that's damn close to a whole airbox!

I found another one, at $35, with exactly the same number & position of pins as my original one, but for mid to late 70s C Bodies. I don't know if the resistors are the same, what do you think are my chances?

Here's the link to what I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-NOS-MOPAR-A-C-Blower-Resistor/254413610272?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

As for the TEMP switch, I bought a whole '69 unit. Alas, it was my only option. Apart for the fact that '69s & '70s have engraved switches, do you believe there is any reason for the switches not to be compatible with the '68 unit?

1968 Charger R/T auto, matching numbers 440 rebuilt to stock specs w/ L2355F .030 pistons & .039 gasket, MP 4452783 cam, stock 4637S Carter AVS rebuilt by Harms automotive feeding a stock 2806178 intake manifold. Air gets into unported 906 heads with hardened seats, and exits through HP manifolds and through an Accurate 2.5 to 2.25 aluminized exhaust to the 2.25 stock chrome tips. Still in awe of what the engineers were able to do more than half a century ago!

john108

My Stuff on a 1968 Charger

DAmatt

Thanks John, the info would have been invaluable, had I seen it sooner. I ended buying something I hoped would be equivalent, but in the mean time I found my part.

Thanks again everybody for the help!