News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your craziest Charger story.

Started by 73chgrSE, December 15, 2019, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Second One:    I call this my "Jon Voight's Lebaron story"  or my "Brush with Greatness story"  You Seinfeld and 80s Letterman fans will get the references.

My Charger was purchased from the ordinal owner in California, in the late '70s,  by a serviceman from northern  Ohio.  He came home,  got a divorce, and sold it to a guy across the street.   I bought the car from him in 84.

It came with a box of old receipts and personal information that would be shredded today. It was a different time.
The box was relegated  to the upstairs of barn until the late 2000s.   With the help of the Internet and the fact one of the owner's daughters who took it in for service once, had a less than common first name, I was able to triangulate and learn a great deal about the cars original owner(s).

He was highly regarded neurosurgeon.  Impressive enough.  He was also the last person to commission Frank Loyd Wright to design and build a house.   Frank was in his 80s or 90s at the time.   There is a website that tells the story and how it all came about.  Very interesting if your into that kind of thing.  I am.

Now back to Jon Voight's Lebaron.  Instead of the pencil with bite marks, I picture the Doctor checking out the job site and then saying, "Hey Frank, let's grab lunch".  And Frank Loyd Wright hops into the passenger seat of my Charger....
Dare to dream....

HANDM

OK, I got another one. Same car that we bought the grille for was basically a ratty driver that needed all of the usual charger rust repair including the door latches and catches (both sides were torn to shit and needed serious repair) car was a 383-4 triple black and had a perfect interior
Looking through the little nickel again, we found another Charger for 1100. Went and looked, saw it wasn't nearly as rusty as the black one plus it ran and drove, albeit poorly. Car is a 383-2 SE. The plan was to swap the perfect black interior and grille from the triple black and anything else the SE needed, put the ratty tan into the black and sell it.

Two days after we get it home a storm passes through and a HUGE tree smashes the black one across the right A pillar, door and hood. Totally fixable by todays standards but back then, well you know

Then the wife asks.......Is the grille ok  :lol: it was

Wound up swapping the interior over, stripping everything else and sending the shell to the scrapper  :'(

70 sublime

Quote from: stripedelete on December 27, 2019, 05:10:24 PM
Second One:    I call this my "Jon Voight's Lebaron story"  or my "Brush with Greatness story"  You Seinfeld and 80s Letterman fans will get the references.

My Charger was purchased from the ordinal owner in California, in the late '70s,  by a serviceman from northern  Ohio.  He came home,  got a divorce, and sold it to a guy across the street.   I bought the car from him in 84.

It came with a box of old receipts and personal information that would be shredded today. It was a different time.
The box was relegated  to the upstairs of barn until the late 2000s.   With the help of the Internet and the fact one of the owner's daughters who took it in for service once, had a less than common first name, I was able to triangulate and learn a great deal about the cars original owner(s).

He was highly regarded neurosurgeon.  Impressive enough.  He was also the last person to commission Frank Loyd Wright to design and build a house.   Frank was in his 80s or 90s at the time.   There is a website that tells the story and how it all came about.  Very interesting if your into that kind of thing.  I am.

Now back to Jon Voight's Lebaron.  Instead of the pencil with bite marks, I picture the Doctor checking out the job site and then saying, "Hey Frank, let's grab lunch".  And Frank Loyd Wright hops into the passenger seat of my Charger....
Dare to dream....

No black Charger stories ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JimShine

Mine goes like this:

I was a little kid, circa 1983, riding his school bus and one day this house I always looked forward to seeing because they had a '68 Charger suddenly had a white with black top 1969 appear in the driveway. I always loved the 1969 more, so I was even more excited to ride past that house in the morning. I looked forward to it every day. One day the white Charger isn't there..and I never saw it again.

2003 I decide to buy a 1969 Charger. I buy one on ebay running, driving..all primer black. It is a full day trip. Get there, exchange cash and title..guy asks where I am headed to now. I tell him I am going to stop in at my Fathers house in Waterbury Connecticut and visit on my way back home. He tells me that is where he bought the car years before. I still didn't think anything of it.

Later when I started pulling the car apart, I found a bunch of papers wedged in between the seats and console. There were garage receipts describing it as "white and black" . More digging I found one receipt for exhaust work, for the address I used to see that white Charger at from my bus. Dated the same year. Sure enough as I got to sanding the car, the white paint was there under the black primer. It was THE car. And I didn't even try to find it. It found me.

Kern Dog

Shoot, man...You WIN.  :2thumbs: That is great!