News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Fraudz- New Season

Started by NHCharger, December 16, 2019, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

No disrespect to Dave but all he does is install new and refurbished parts i.e. wiper motor, fuel tank, fuel lines, brakes, brake lines, cables, rear diff and springs and install a rebuilt powertrain. They out source headliner ,vinyl top, glass, seat upholstery and all dash components.  :Twocents:

HANDM

Yeah, in my opinion if a "restorer" farms out all the metal work, all the body and paintwork, all the restoration of components, purchases all aftermarket stuff, farms out the engine, trans, rear end, brakes and front end, the electrical wok and everything else, he's simply a Mopar assembler.

I've disassembled  and reassembled my Charger and Challenger and frankly it's a lot of work but not all that hard.

chargered

Its the only Mopar show we have to watch.  Good eye candy and you get some helpful tidbits now and then.  Ya, Mark can be a bit much at times, but I'm thankful for the show.  Many thanks to the Producer and GYC for putting it on.  Gives me something to watch in the off season. :cheers:

Bad B-rad

Quote from: Back N Black on June 22, 2020, 05:13:10 PM
No disrespect to Dave but all he does is install new and refurbished parts i.e. wiper motor, fuel tank, fuel lines, brakes, brake lines, cables, rear diff and springs and install a rebuilt powertrain. They out source headliner ,vinyl top, glass, seat upholstery and all dash components.  :Twocents:

I have noticed that, if I had the money, I may go that route. But at the same time, like many of us, if I wanted something fixed/restored/repaired I had to do it myself, or it wasn't going to happen.
I have picked up, and improved a great many skills that way.

I like the show. Its fun to watch, and its the only all MOPAR show.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Back N Black on June 22, 2020, 05:13:10 PM

Lots of people don't know it, but lots of Resto shops farm out or out source stuff. LEON.

MoparMike68

Bad B-rad

The guy George, in the metal shop, seams to be doing good work, he also seams to be taking his job seriously.

Stevetona

The new season has been really good so far. I like the show. It almost lost me last season but they turned it around. I'm fairly new to Mopars so I do actually learn a lot of tidbits which is good.

Kern Dog

The show is a great example of how any show can have critics and fans.
An all Mopar car build show and people still bitch about it!

Birdflu

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 24, 2020, 11:55:17 PM

GEEZ! I agree! Find an ALL Chevy or Ford show that's currently running after multiple seasons...oh wait, you can't! Yes, I agree, Mark's antics may only be silly for some, but it's ENTERTAINMENT people!  :2thumbs:

funknut

I like the show, though I don't watch it religiously.  When I do watch it, there are parts I'll skip through, like the animated segments, but I figure I enjoy over 75% of the show.  They have dialed way back on the conflict and some of Mark's more rude/demeaning behavior.  I don't mind that he acts like a goofball. 

I like watching gas monkey too, and feel the same way about it.  There's some pointless segments in that show as well that I skip through, too.

Overall, I enjoy GYC.  It's TV, you just can't take it too seriously. ;)

John_Kunkel

Love the show but I often have to wonder how much (including the antics) is ad-lib and how much is scripted.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Birdflu

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 25, 2020, 01:53:58 PM
Love the show but I often have to wonder how much (including the antics) is ad-lib and how much is scripted.

Not judging or saying I could do any better 'off the cuff', but I'll bet 80-90% of it is scripted...

BrianShaughnessy

I don't worry if I miss an episode or whatnot.   It'll be on a rerun sometime or another.   It's fine entertainment for an hour.

Too many people are critical of the show...  I kinda get it.   But it's this or another show featuring chevies or fords.   Take your pick.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Birdflu on June 25, 2020, 08:22:01 AM

GEEZ! I agree! Find an ALL Chevy or Ford show that's currently running after multiple seasons...oh wait, you can't! Yes, I agree, Mark's antics may only be silly for some, but it's ENTERTAINMENT people!  :2thumbs:

What GYC needs is competition.  If a show like Fantom Works went all Mopar, Buzzard Beak would be finished once and for all.

Back N Black

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 09, 2020, 07:22:20 PM
Quote from: Birdflu on June 25, 2020, 08:22:01 AM

What GYC needs is competition.  If a show like Fantom Works went all Mopar, Buzzard Beak would be finished once and for all.

Why do you have to insult Mark every time you make a comment? I thought you were a man of GOD.

MoparMike68