News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Fraudz- New Season

Started by NHCharger, December 16, 2019, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Rides on TLC is about the best, one hour car show that I can remember. I'd like GYC more if it was a 30 minute show, and then a one hour special on the cars when completed.

NHCharger

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 12, 2020, 01:11:17 AM
If that's the case, maybe UNICEF is finally getting into the auto salvage business!!

Dang.
Life's a garden, dig it.

D.L. Watson, thank you for chiming in. You're right, you can't please everybody and Mark's antics can definitely rub people the wrong way. It just comes across as unprofessional when it takes up 25% of the show. I did see an episode where Mark was installing some axles, and another where he was showing how a steering column goes together. So he does know his shit. Too bad he couldn't do a little tutorial on each episode, and actually show each step involved. In most automotive shows they zip thru stuff. Not talking about rebuilding a rear end which is beyond most do it your-selfers abilities.
I'd be happy to give you a list of projects  :lol: 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Vegas_Nick

D.L.... thanks for making an entertaining show. As a younger (just barely 50) guy, and one who has worked in the automotive and aviation industry most of my life, I really do appreciate the humor, off hand remarks, and Mark's general demeanor. We'd get along just fine! Now, knowing that it's a self funded and self produced show, I like it even more!

Quote from: 426Hemi on February 10, 2020, 02:33:46 PM
Hello, I'm D.L. Watson, director, and producer of Graveyard Carz. I read through this forum and felt some of the misconceptions could be clarified.

Whether you believe these answers are entirely up to you. Whether you like the show or not is also your opinion, and I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. We've had criticism of the show since 2012, when it first started, and we've consistently pulled in great ratings on the network.

To address some points:

Quote from: NHCharger on December 16, 2019, 07:52:18 PM
Anyone catch the the new episode of GYC last week??
Mark and his lead painter admitted that they had some sub-par employees do some shitty work. They highlighted a blue R/R. Said they had to tear the car completely apart and start over again.
I was dozing off and on thru the show (as usual). But I thought I heard Mark say that he was putting his daughter in charge of the shop and quality control  :smilielol: :smilielol:  This is the same daughter that just last year he was showing her how to install parking lights and side maker lights.

I feel asleep before the end of the show so I don't know if at the end of the show Mark yelled "April Fools" or not. Anyone else see this and verify that I wasn't dreaming? If true if I had a car in line there for any work I'd be yanking it ASAP.

Mark had quality control issues in the shop. This is a reality that every business, no matter what, experiences. I felt it was better for the show to be transparent about the issues rather than pretend they never happened.

The very fact that he admitted the problem and showcased that he took the car back to square-one should show the level of commitment the shop has to making sure they're delivered right.

I hoped people would have appreciated this aspect of the show just as much as Mark's customers have.

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 16, 2019, 11:44:01 PM
I'm not ready to bury the guy BUT when he had the hippie idiot from Magnum Farce suspension there to aid in installing his shitty front end parts, Mark's standing in my opinion fell several notches. Unless you are in a band, there is no sensible reason for a man in his 50s to look like that guy.

I don't understand this criticism. Is it that because you don't like the way he looks that his parts are garbage? Ron is a great and down-to-earth guy and we find his products the best out there when it comes to putting modern engines into these old muscle cars.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 17, 2019, 02:59:25 AM
That show is all about "Buzzard Beak". (Mark) ..Worthless stupid talk. If they aired one car at a time, from start to finish I would watch it more.

lol. Mark does have a big nose.

People are going to talk on a TV Show. If you spend five minutes in a restoration shop, the crew is going to talk, bitch, moan, and pull pranks on each other to make light of the hard work they're doing. That's the "reality" of most jobs. If you're building a car in your garage, then I understand if your silent.

And we'd love nothing more to have a car done per episode. However, we finish about 8 cars a year due to the painstaking detail and effort it takes to complete a car.

Why so little every year? When GYC started, Mark was out to prove that he could restore ANY car, in ANY condition. And that means he's taken on a lot of cars that need ALOT of work.

And we agree to make 26 episodes per-year with Motortrend (one of the most of any show on the network, by the way).

So, with all that said, we showcase every detail of the restoration. What you see in an episode is, for the most part, a reflection of what happened the week or so we filmed a few months before it aired.

But multiple times a season, we do mash-up episodes that feature the entire restoration process of a car, from arrival to delivery. We have one airing this Friday for our 1 of 8 1971 'Cuda Convertible.

John Milner

Like it or not, Graveyard Cars has made the prices of our Chargers go way up.  I'll continue watching the show.  I like that they build the car back to factory specifications and they don't use new computer controlled engines and aftermarket wheels for the most part.  They look and sound like a muscle car should.

I enjoyed Shadetree Mechanic and also Horsepower TV when it was just Chuck and Joe.  I miss both of those shows.   

johntpr

John Milner

Quote from: johntpr on March 19, 2020, 01:00:16 PM
Factory specs?  Lol

What would you call it?  They don't use 20 inch wheels, headers, aluminum intakes, Holley carburetors or fuel injection, no custom interiors, no custom paint jobs, no custom brakes or vintage air systems.  Now I have seen them use a few aftermarket things if the customer requests it.  They are closer to factory than what most of the other restoration shows would make them.  The cars are in much better shape when they leave the shop than they were when they were sitting and rotting.  I like the show and I like the fact that they are putting Mopars back on the road as opposed to sitting and rotting.  Doesn't mean you have to like the show though.       

Chargen69

Quote from: John Milner on March 19, 2020, 12:27:45 PM
Like it or not, Graveyard Cars has made the prices of our Chargers go way up.    

yep that is the reason prices are up... ok

:insertsarcasm:

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

John Milner

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 21, 2020, 10:43:18 PM
Quote from: John Milner on March 19, 2020, 12:27:45 PM
Like it or not, Graveyard Cars has made the prices of our Chargers go way up.   

yep that is the reason prices are up... ok

It’s one of the reasons. Do you think it hurts the value of our Chargers to have a show that thousands of people watch where they restore Chargers?

I’m wrong. Maybe it does hurt the value because I can see you’re really smart.

Chargen69

thousands of people watch,  I'd have to see the numbers on that

Chargen69

prices being up has NOTHING to do with the fact that dodge made less of these cars than other makes made of theirs, how many millions of impalas did chevy make?

Chargen69

smart has nothing to do with it either, common sense says only a few diehards continued to watch this blow hard show.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 23, 2020, 07:26:49 AM
common sense says only a few diehards continued to watch this blow hard show.

So, this is the only car show with blowhards?  ::)  Color me "diehard".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

TONY

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 23, 2020, 07:24:43 AM

i have, its well into the hundreds of thousands, which i considered low because they have over 3 million facebook followers.

Kern Dog

smart has nothing to do with it either, common sense says only a few diehards continued to watch this blow hard show.

You sure respond a lot for a guy that seems to dislike the show.
If you don't like it, fine....Others do so what is your motivation to piss all over it?
If the show didn't generate ratings, it would be cancelled pretty quickly.
How is it going with that show that YOU do?

Chargen69

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 23, 2020, 06:08:33 PM

You sure respond a lot for a guy that seems to dislike the show.
If you don't like it, fine....Others do so what is your motivation to piss all over it?
If the show didn't generate ratings, it would be cancelled pretty quickly.
How is it going with that show that YOU do?

I just got ticked off when the dude joined this thread to "not change anyone's mind" and then posted a book

Chargen69

Quote from: TONY on March 23, 2020, 04:35:22 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on March 23, 2020, 07:24:43 AM

i have, its well into the hundreds of thousands, which i considered low because they have over 3 million facebook followers.

hell I check out their fb page every once in a while to see some of the cars, but I don't like the sound of mark's voice anymore so I skip any videos

Back N Black

I like the show and I get Marks sense of humor, I'm happy that Daren and the son in law is gone. I'm just waiting to see them use a torque wrench and not tighten every bolt with a air ratchet.

Kern Dog

As much as I love the Mopars, I never "save" an episode on the DVR. I do save ROADKILL though.

Kern Dog

I'm surprised to see this topic hasn't been bumped to the top in 60 days or more.
The recent episodes don't have the producer or camera guys onscreen. That is a plus. They add nothing car related to the show.
I still look at Cousin Douggie as the retarded brother to Sam Elliot with that mustache.

Bad B-rad

I like the cartoon segments, in theory.
The animation is good, and its a neat break from the filmed segments.
They just need to be written better.

The one with his daughter and wife crossing the bridge failed(in my eyes) because it is a terrible  joke.
The only other one I saw had Mark as John Mcclane, and Rambo, going into a "scary" castle????

NHCharger

Are these actually new episodes? If you look at the info on TVguide.com for this Fridays issue it says NEW, then further over to the left it says 2014. I've only had the Motor Trend channel since last summer so most of the episodes are new to me. I only had Velocity Channel for a couple months before MT bought them. It seems like MT is going for the cheapest series possible. Anything that involves a car with steering wheel on the wrong side doesn't interest me.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RiverRaider

At least there is a Mopar show for us to watch.  I would be nice to have more how to type stuff like what Keven Tetz has done in the past but
that probably would not pay the bills so I am happy to have what we got.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

MoparMike68

I lost interest in the show early on due to the drama and very little hands on but I do respect anyone bringing
these cars back to their former glory.
Sorry to hear Fantom Works is no more if GYC's were more like that show I'd still watch then if it were it wouldn't
be on anymore so I couldn't   :lol:
When Dave Rea left I assume it was money. Talented people know their self worth maybe his wasn't in their budget.
I guess I'll give GYC's another go it's the only all mopar show out there and as advised by 426 Hemi I can always change the channel. :Twocents: