News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grinding Indy Cylinder Heads for Distributor Clearance

Started by 69Chrgr, December 20, 2019, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Does anyone know how much you can grind on Indy Max Wedge heads for distributor clearance? Trying to install a Holley Dual Sync distributor.

Challenger340

It's a PITA if you already have the Head installed.... but best to either sonic test thickness ?
or,
if you don't have one of those, then remove the Head because you can stick your finders up the water jacket there at the front of the Head and get a "feel" how thick it is before grinding.

Not much help I know.... but it's all I can suggest because after being an INDY Dealer for decades I wouldn't trust anything to chance as being thick enough ? maybe it is... maybe it ain't !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

c00nhunterjoe

From what i recall, there is not enough there to be safe with the fat distributors. Although i have not used the dual sync before.

69Chrgr

Holley revised the Dual Sync to a -203. It fits WAY better than the -103. Wish I would have gone with the -203 to begin with. That's what I get when buying used parts I guess.