News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Suspension upgrade

Started by justcruisin, December 22, 2019, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Looking at an upgrade on my 71, mostly street use, I am thinking of going with components from PST, 1.03" bars, replacing bushings with their polygraphite bushings and a set of viking warrior shocks. The car presently has .920 bars, 1 7/8" front sway bar and kyb shocks. I will take the car to the track on occasion but that isn't the primary use. Wanting the car to handle a bit better while keeping the basic stock set up. Looking for opinions before I pull the trigger early new year.

Kern Dog

Quote from: justcruisin on December 22, 2019, 08:22:42 PM
The car presently has .920 bars, 1 7/8" front sway bar and kyb shocks.

I am guessing the 1 7/8" front sway bar is a typo. I have never seen a front sway bar of that size! The stock 70-72 bar was something close to 15/16".
The PST torsion bars are an improvement but they are still a bit soft compared to modern cars. I'm not familiar with the shocks that you listed but they have to be better than KYBs. I used KYBs for years and didn't realize how crappy they were until I installed a set of Bilsteins.
I run 1.15 torsion bars and a 1 1/4" front sway bar. The car rides similar to our 2015 Challenger. Our cars are way too softly sprung compared to newer cars.

justcruisin

Yup, typo there, it has the factory 7/8" sway bar. I have heard good things about the Bilstein's but I wanted an adjustable. I am a little concerned about going to big on the t/bars, the 1.15 bars seem like a big jump, clearly you are happy with them though, thanks for the input.