News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 / Daytona rear window trim clips

Started by hemi68charger, December 24, 2019, 08:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...

Probably an obvious answer, but the rear window trim clips are the same as a regular Charger rear window clip, correct? I have to get a clip kit so the body shop and test fit the trim in the plug prior to primer....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 24, 2019, 08:41:32 AM
Hey gang...

Probably an obvious answer, but the rear window trim clips are the same as a regular Charger rear window clip, correct? I have to get a clip kit so the body shop and test fit the trim in the plug prior to primer....

Yes, same thing.

odcics2

Hey gang...

Why wouldn't the trim fit?   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on December 26, 2019, 07:39:32 AM
Hey gang...

Why wouldn't the trim fit?   :shruggy:

They are not dead on, they are reproductions.. Either way, the shop always mocks up the trim prior to primer after the body work. I laid these on my Daytona and they are pretty darn close, so close I couldn't tell a difference....... but once set in the window channel, there is a slight misfit, around the upper corners on one side....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection