News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Afterrmarket Hurst Four Speed Linkage

Started by Ghoste, December 31, 2019, 07:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Maybe this should be in the transmission section but since its the aftermarket replacement shifter, I thought here?  The Hurst shifter for a B-body non console comes with a linkage that is not the same as the factory oem stuff.  The reverse rod and the 1-2 rod as provided look very similar.  Anyone have a decent photo of how they all go together with the replacement unit?  NOT the oem one, I know how that one is supposed to look and how it goes together.

krops cars

I have an oem pistol grip non counsel sitting on my bench with the shifter mechanism on it. I also just bought all the rods for another car I have. The 1 -2 and reverse are not the same. This is 70 pistol grip though.

Ghoste

And I think the 70 units are different again because of the longer shift levers.  In any case, I figured it out last night through a lot of trial and error.  Thanks.