News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29L9B414664 Mecum Kissimmee January 2020

Started by held1823, January 09, 2020, 02:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

one of three daytonas at the event, the others being tony's white 440 and XX29L9B355116, a sweet f6 440 car with a hemi dropped in it now

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397291/1969-dodge-daytona/
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Nice overall look. I like the meaty redlines and doggies.........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Alaskan_TA

Link - www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397291/1969-dodge-daytona/

Fake broadcast sheet.

Fake window sticker.

It would be interesting to see what that report says, page by page........

I have to wonder how many wing cars with fake paperwork are on the market now?

odcics2

Does the cut out nose piece come with it?   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

johntpr

I cant even believe  they are considering that broadcast sheet "documentation."

held1823

I cant even believe  they are considering that broadcast sheet "documentation."

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Alaskan_TA

Another issue with fake documentation is that it makes you wonder if anything else was faked.  :scratchchin:

Fake documentation taints not only the cars history, it also taints the sellers reputation.  :Twocents:

XS29LA47V21

68 shifter on that late of a Charger.  Shirley that is not right...

FJMG

That is a Daytona quirk, many, if not most, have the 68 shift knob. IIRC, some early restorations changed them to a 69 style thinking the 68 was incorrect.

Ghoste

Fake broadcast sheet is almost too nice a term for that, its more like a home made one.  :rotz:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

paironines

The wheels appear to be 80s Diplomat 15x7s.

69 500

gee"s Berry, do you always jump to conclusions ? what is the possibility that the gentleman with the Daytona simply had a reproduction broadsheet made for display purposes? I have several friends that had  fender tags made for the same reason, it seams that there are few people who like to collect tags and broadcast sheets when no one is looking and with value placed on documentation, I really don't blame them. but I understand that you are vigorously trying to be the new "GURU". I wonder , Did that car have a Dave Wise inspection?  

johntpr

Quote from: 69 500 on January 10, 2020, 09:01:56 AM
gee"s Berry, do you always jump to conclusions ? what is the possibility that the gentleman with the Daytona simply had a reproduction broadsheet made for display purposes? I have several friends that had  fender tags made for the same reason, it seams that there are few people who like to collect tags and broadcast sheets when no one is looking and with value placed on documentation, I really don't blame them. but I understand that you are vigorously trying to be the new "GURU". I wonder , Did that car have a Dave Wise inspection?  

Barry has done nothing but good for this hobby.  In this instance, Mecum makes no mention that the documentation pictured (A reproduction broadcast sheet and window sticker) are reproductions.  They idea of having a set for "display purposes" when people assume they are real in an auction setting is troubling, and deceitful.  Real documentation has value and is a factor to most educated buyers.  The fact that people like Barry can potentially save members of this forum from buying a car with issues is what makes his knowledge valuable.  The fact that he does it for free shows his passion for this hobby and his desire to help his fellow members.  If you think otherwise, you are simply wrong and don't know Barry.

Ghoste

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't that imitation broadcast sheet have a different code for the rear axle?

Golden-Arm

what i'm trying to figure out is, who the hell is berry?  :nana:

Alaskan_TA

Alaskan_TA

If you meant me....

If you have 'friends' that use fake fender tags & documentation & you think someone selling a car with fake documentation is a 'gentleman' you may want to find new friends or at least consider your life choices?

As far as this part goes;

QuoteDid that car have a Dave Wise inspection?

Did you see the auction photos? Because they do show one.

The faked 1970 440-6 Charger with AC had one too........  :scratchchin:

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: odcics2 on January 09, 2020, 03:15:48 PM

Does the cut out nose piece come with it?   :shruggy:

Good eye, I didn't even notice that :cheers:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

DonC1

Any idea what this 70 clone sold for...if sold? at Kissimmee 2020

Birdflu

Quote from: DonC1 on January 15, 2020, 08:56:08 PM

$95,700 including buyers premium

djcarguy

Don c1 or mods,can you move this awsum Tribute Bird to it own thread ???  I think it wood bee better off held's, Daytona info posts.thanks   :2thumbs:       uote author=Birdflu link=topic=136874.msg1698148#msg1698148 date=1579144219]

[/quote]

DonC1

Thanks. So 95,700......the sum of what it probably cost to build  or approaching that figure , late model drivetrain, all Janek fiberglass, suspension mods, labor etc...

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on January 15, 2020, 11:07:10 PM
  Don c1 or mods,can you move this awsum Tribute Bird to it own thread ???  I think it wood bee better off held's, Daytona info posts.thanks   :2thumbs:       uote author=Birdflu link=topic=136874.msg1698148#msg1698148 date=1579144219]

[/quote]

TONY

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 10, 2020, 08:06:20 PM

If you meant me....

If you have 'friends' that use fake fender tags & documentation & you think someone selling a car with fake documentation is a 'gentleman' you may want to find new friends or at least consider your life choices?

Barry,
i dont know if you know Dave or just have an issue with him, but he is a stand up guy that cant be bought.

yes the faked 1970 440-6 Charger with AC had a Wise report,
what you probably dont know is what the report read.
many car owners state that it has a "gg" report or a "dave wise" report, but they dont tell or show whats in the report.
i have seen the report for the faked 1970 440-6 Charger with AC.
Dave stated 3 of the following items (Production broadcast sheet, IBM production cards,  Advanced shipping notice,    Original dealer order form,  Manroney (Window ) sales sticker,  Factory inspection sheet or The original drive train) would need to be present to declare the car authentic, and they werent. he also stated that there are no known parts to facilitate a 440 six pack air cleaner to fit an application with an air conditioning package or a linkage of a cruise control for a 440 six pack carburetor set-up.

so dont base your opinions on dave wise by someone claiming a car had a dave wise report, which may be true, but that doesnt mean that its authenticating or validating the car, it just means that Dave inspected the car.

what if you looked at a AAR and told the owner that it had added options and the transmission wasnt original or that it had a fake data tag. and the owner went around stating that you inspected the car. he'd be telling the truth, but not the whole truth and it would be misleading.

in re to the daytona mentioned in this thread, Dave also stated in that report that the documentation wasnt authentic. so once again, while Dave inspected the car, he didnt state that the paperwork was real.

i just hate to see a guy like Dave get dragged through the mud for invalid reasons

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: TONY on February 14, 2020, 05:22:04 PM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 10, 2020, 08:06:20 PM

If you meant me....

Barry,
i dont know if you know Dave or just have an issue with him, but he is a stand up guy that cant be bought.

yes the faked 1970 440-6 Charger with AC had a Wise report,
what you probably dont know is what the report read.
many car owners state that it has a "gg" report or a "dave wise" report, but they dont tell or show whats in the report.
i have seen the report for the faked 1970 440-6 Charger with AC.
Dave stated 3 of the following items (Production broadcast sheet, IBM production cards,  Advanced shipping notice,    Original dealer order form,  Manroney (Window ) sales sticker,  Factory inspection sheet or The original drive train) would need to be present to declare the car authentic, and they werent. he also stated that there are no known parts to facilitate a 440 six pack air cleaner to fit an application with an air conditioning package or a linkage of a cruise control for a 440 six pack carburetor set-up.

so dont base your opinions on dave wise by someone claiming a car had a dave wise report, which may be true, but that doesnt mean that its authenticating or validating the car, it just means that Dave inspected the car.

what if you looked at a AAR and told the owner that it had added options and the transmission wasnt original or that it had a fake data tag. and the owner went around stating that you inspected the car. he'd be telling the truth, but not the whole truth and it would be misleading.

in re to the daytona mentioned in this thread, Dave also stated in that report that the documentation wasnt authentic. so once again, while Dave inspected the car, he didnt state that the paperwork was real.

i just hate to see a guy like Dave get dragged through the mud for invalid reasons

Tony,
I did mention the report earlier;

QuoteIt would be interesting to see what that report says, page by page........

I have to wonder how many wing cars with fake paperwork are on the market now?

I still feel that it would be interesting to read.  :shruggy:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on January 15, 2020, 11:07:10 PM
  Don c1 or mods,can you move this awsum Tribute Bird to it own thread ???  I think it wood bee better off held's, Daytona info posts.thanks   :2thumbs:       uote author=Birdflu link=topic=136874.msg1698148#msg1698148 date=1579144219]

[/quote]