News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door weatherstrip

Started by john108, January 12, 2020, 04:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Charger
The door weatherstrip has white tabs that snap into holes in the door frame.
Do you suggest putting weatherstrip adhesive between each set of holes? all the way around the door??

69bfan

Do not put any adhesive in place so that it can slightly move and position itself in relationship to the door jamb.  The factory never used any adhesive in this area.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

green69rt

Quote from: 69bfan on January 13, 2020, 09:40:16 PM
Do not put any adhesive in place so that it can slightly move and position itself in relationship to the door jamb.  The factory never used any adhesive in this area.

I got my Metro seals from Detroit Muscle Tech (maybe, I have not looked up my receipt.)  In the package was a note that said to put a little dab of sealent around the hole at each white mounting tab to reinforce the hole so it would not tear.  Now I'm going to have to keep a sharp eye on those seals to see what happens.

CDN72SE

Same here, so I did use some 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive.

1972 Charger SE