News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FIBERGLASS DAYTONA PLUGS

Started by daytonalo, January 13, 2020, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Curious if there's any longer a demand for Daytona fiberglass plugs as I have what appears to be a Janak plug .Was thinking about splashing a mold, then  with my mold making new Daytona plugs with EPOXY resin which is far superior than the standard GP ( general purpose ) resin used prior .
Curious what Ted was charging for a plug . anyone know ?

Thanks  

chargervert

Most people who are building Daytona clones don't want to pony up for the correct glass and rear window moldings required to use an OE type window plug. AMD was offering the glass and moldings, but was unsure if they were going to do another run,after the first run sells out. It costs about $2400.00 to buy the glass and moldings reproduction, and originals are more than twice that. Plus the fact that the fiberglass window plug was prone to cracking where it was bonded to steel due to different expansion and contraction rates of the two materials when they heat up and cool down. Most people are going with the Vega rear hatch, as the glass and moldings are readily available, and can be bought for a few hundred bucks. Based on those facts,I don't think that there is much of a market for them Larry.

daytonalo

Ok thanks. Yes I'm aware of possible  bonding issues . Do you know what janak was getting for a plug ?

Brutalowner

Janak's mid-level line plug cost me $395. in December of last year. The polycarbonate back glass was $595. 
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd