News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original, raced 500’s

Started by C500, January 15, 2020, 01:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

I guess most 69 500's that were raced back in the day were converted to Daytona's and later cars. Are there are original ones remaining, either restored or 'survivors' wearing their original racing livery? Post up some pics of any such cars.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

odcics2

None that I know...    :shruggy:

Anyone else??
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

mopar346

I'd really love to see one with a F8 based race scheme.

Emery0323

It's not a C500 now, but supposedly that Cotton Owens #6 Daytona was originally a Glotzbach C500 that got wrecked in 1969 (at Bristol?) and re-purposed  as a Dodge Daytona show car for 1970.  It's the one that was in the Darlington Museum for many years.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/01/car_spotlight_gt_gt_owens_baker_69_dodge_charger_daytona/

Canepa's website no longer shows the car, does anybody know if it was sold ?

Aero426

Quote from: Emery0323 on January 15, 2020, 10:08:03 PM
It's not a C500 now, but supposedly that Cotton Owens #6 Daytona was originally a Glotzbach C500 that got wrecked in 1969 (at Bristol?) and re-purposed  as a Dodge Daytona show car for 1970.  It's the one that was in the Darlington Museum for many years.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/01/car_spotlight_gt_gt_owens_baker_69_dodge_charger_daytona/

Have not heard of it selling.   It may just be off the for sale site, but still in his museum with the fake #43 Riverside Torino, etc. 

odcics2

Quote from: mopar346 on January 15, 2020, 08:32:45 PM
I'd really love to see one with a F8 based race scheme.

There weren't any back then.   Hey, build a clone for us!   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers:  

Even a good photoshop would be cool! 

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on January 16, 2020, 09:13:29 AM
Quote from: Emery0323 on January 15, 2020, 10:08:03 PM

Have not heard of it selling.   It may just be off the for sale site, but still in his museum with the fake #43 Riverside Torino, etc. 

Happened across some old pics of that car: street nose, street wing and supports, street front valance, street hood (no nascar modified forward edge.)
1966 street hemi longblock with bathtub and carb with choke! 

Perhaps the car would have sold by now if it didn't get restored and was presented as what it is:  THE only Chrysler Show Car "race" Daytona!!!

:shruggy: :Twocents: