News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upgrading the Charger for spring/summer

Started by kokxville, January 18, 2020, 04:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Hey Guys,

yesterday i've recieved some parts to upgrade my charger a little bit for upcoming spring and summer.
The goal is to make the car a bit more reliable.
It is restored back to original with breaker points ignition and voltage regulator on the firewall and i was never a big fan of that.
So time for this upgrade.
Many thanks to my Buddy Rick Gorski from Firecore. :coolgleamA:
He's got me covered with all the ignition components i need for this upgrade and it still looks like factory  :2thumbs: :drool5:

The upgrades wille be:

Firecore ignition/coil and wires
Powermaster 95 apm alternator
NGK spark plugs
High torque ministarter
A new Holley 750 DP carburator. ( there's a p.o.s.edelbrock on it now  :eek2:)
Motoroil and filter
Original hoseclamps under the hood

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress! :2thumbs:
I'm going to work on my charger when i have some spare time left in my shop  :cheers:

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

Here's a few pics
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

more

XH29N0G

Good to see.  I always enjoy the chance to work on my car.  Looks like it is the same for you.  Have fun.  :2thumbs:  And then driving when the days grow longer.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

white

Do you have a stock wiring harness in you car? If you do it will not handle a 95 amp alternator.

b5blue

Check with others. The "one wire" just goes to the battery so things change. (I think you loose the Alternator gauge.)

kokxville

I've put one in my former charger so this will not be any problem to install for me.
But thanks for the heads up i appreciate that! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Here's another pic. :cheers:

white