News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

People pulling up next to you smoking in there car!

Started by jefferson, January 19, 2020, 06:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Lately, perhaps because of the warmer weather and everyone having there windows down, one thing that is irritating me to no end is that the last 2-3x ive taken my 68 out, ive had someone pull up next to me at the lights smoking in there car, one was a young girl and guy who as much as they loved the charger, still ashed out the window, it infuriated me to no end! i just turned around so i wouldnt pull up next to them again and turned off! The second time was another young bloke driving the latest fanciest BMW probably 19 to 20 years old smoking inside and ashing out the window, i was about 2 cars back, but once again it just bugged the hell out of me, none of the ash ever entered my charger or went on it but its honestly just the lack of respect that angers me most, yes i did pull overs both times afterwards and looked over the whole car, i am super protective of my charger, dont know why(also have semi anger issues so i can flare up from time to time), then the third time another young tradie pulled up next to me smoking and TO MY SUPRISE! said hey sorry mate dont mine me i am a smoker but i wouldnt dare flick my ash anywhere near that thing! its way to nice! i said i appreciate that mate! and we both took off!

Am i just being pedantic! i know ash cant ruin the paint unless the cigarette is burned straight into the car but flicking ash IMO just showed a sign of no respect and makes me feel like its damaging or inflicting damage upon my 68. Which i cherish like crazy.

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

So what do you do about the birds flying over head and can drop a bomb at any moment ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DAY CLONA

Might be in for a cardiac some day, if someone happens to roll coal on your Charger  ::) ....

Lennard

RallyeMike

Well, yer gonna have a stroke when you find a rock chip. Better just seal it up in climate controlled vault so you can have peace of mind.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

birdsandbees

HA... you should have sat in the back seat of a Coupe for a decade as a kid while your old man smoked like a chimney up front...

..oh and what I do to the same car now...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

JB400

You'll probably live longer and enjoy life better than they ever will.  Enjoy the ride

VegasCharger

There = their (got you covered Kern Dog  :2thumbs:).

As for the topic at hand, so if a cigarette ash were to land on your 68 Charger (great choice BTW) you're going to assault the driver for doing so? Go to jail over a stupid ash that won't harm your car? Just curious.

And BTW I am NOT a smoker.

:cheers:

Kern Dog

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 19, 2020, 06:14:58 PM

There = their (got you covered Kern Dog  :2thumbs:).

Thank you. I saw it and shook my head too.

BrianShaughnessy

Do you realize that most likely in the past...   a previous owner smoked in THEIR car?   Which is now YOUR car.  :scratchchin:  

I used to smoke in both my '69s at one time or another.

Calm down.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ACUDANUT

Dang, have we turned into a bunch of cry babies here.  :scratchchin:
Try following another gas burning hot rod, or a stinking diesel in front of you.  :Twocents:

Kern Dog

I'm guessing that the OP is just venting and is not really all that pissed. I'm not a smoker, never have been but everyone in my family was. I'm used to the smell.
My carbureted cars all have at least a faint smell of gasoline when they are running. Add in some occasional ass gas and B/O.....The occasional cigarette smoke is not enough to bother me!   :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

You ever buy a car from a homo ?.. Smells like ass. lol :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

smithenhiven

What bothers me are the smokers who use the whole world as a place to flick their cigarette butts.  Walk down any given sidewalk and that's all you see.  Wanna smoke, fine go ahead, cool; but please dispose of your trash like a normal human being.

c00nhunterjoe

Ive got customer cars that come in with piles of ash on the seat.

F8-4life

Maybe all others should pull over to let you drive past? You act like people give a shit about your charger?

jefferson

Well, people should also ash into there ash tray and not out the window, the laws in australia are if you are caught flicking a cig butt out the window, its 600-700 buck fine, ive heard of coppers also hammering people flicking ash out the window, unsure if the law is the same though.

Yea, im sure people dont give a shit about my charger hence there not going to refrain from flicking there ash near it. Just venting really.

Ghoste

The downside to freedom is that sometimes others do things that are offensive to you but not them.  Unfortunately, we have devolved into a society where we have this notion that if what you are doing is offensive to me then I need protest you and push for legislation to have it banned.
Did you ever think that the person flicking cigarette ash near your Charger might be offended about the fact that you are driving around in a gas guzzling toy and he feels you have no right to drive such a wasteful vehicle?

ht4spd307

We have a local car parts dealer in our town who smokes over the counter while your ordering parts from him(highly prohibited when dealing with the public due to passive smoking laws  )  and i think good on him his business his premises what happen freedom ! By the way don't smoke either

tcs69rt

Stay away from Colorado. Once they legalized weed a few years ago I could smell it every now and then at an intersection and usually spot the car it was coming from. I used to work in DHS and took calls from school staff stating / complaining kids getting dropped off at school smelling like the "devil's lettuce"  :smilielol: because the parents were blazing in the car on the way to their kids school  :brickwall:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."