News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Video of the #7 Ramo Stott Superbird in the 1970 ARCA 300

Started by ae8i, January 19, 2020, 08:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ae8i

Aero426

Congratulations to Ramo Stott on the 50th anniversary of his big win at Daytona in the ARCA 300, 2/15/70. Winning the ARCA race got him a free entry to the Daytona 500 which he qualified, ran and finished top 10 the next weekend. We got a little cake to celebrate tonight. Ramo's Daytona win was the first for the Superbird model.

WINGIN IT

Awesome Doug !
And the fact that you have the flag and the trophy too !! :cheers:

Birdflu

bannedbird

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

Aero426

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 16, 2020, 10:07:07 AM
Awesome Doug !

The Daytona flag and trophy had become separated from the car years ago.     They were not easy to acquire.   But it was defiintely worth it to get them back with the car where they belong.

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on February 16, 2020, 08:33:02 PM
Awesome Doug !

The Daytona flag and trophy had become separated from the car years ago.     They were not easy to acquire.   But it was defiintely worth it to get them back with the car where they belong.

:notworthy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

WINGIN IT

Awesome Doug !

Agreed !
So did acquiring them involve sacrificing something else?  I am sure there is a good story behind you getting them.

Aero426

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 17, 2020, 12:31:05 PM
Awesome Doug !

The Daytona flag and trophy had become separated from the car years ago.     They were not easy to acquire.   But it was defiintely worth it to get them back with the car where they belong.

Agreed !
So did acquiring them involve sacrificing something else?  I am sure there is a good story behind you getting them.

It just took a long time.   Probably five years.    The short answer is that "not for sale" really means "offer more money".      :yesnod:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on February 17, 2020, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 17, 2020, 12:31:05 PM
Awesome Doug !

The Daytona flag and trophy had become separated from the car years ago.     They were not easy to acquire.   But it was defiintely worth it to get them back with the car where they belong.

Agreed !
So did acquiring them involve sacrificing something else?  I am sure there is a good story behind you getting them.

It just took a long time.   Probably five years.    The short answer is that "not for sale" really means "offer more money".      :yesnod:

Ha, gotcha  ;)