News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl Wrapping

Started by JMF, January 20, 2020, 02:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

I know a guy who sprayed a trailer with red tractor enamel and it faded pretty fast.  But he keeps it parked outdoors full time.

c00nhunterjoe

While im sure if i left it go with no wax, it would fade quick. Its a 50 dollar paint job. You cant expect much. But with wax on it, it has lasted me well. Im headed to the shop tonight. I will take some photos of the paint.

taxspeaker

For what its worth, my son sprayed our faded 70 Superbird with cracked body putty and next to no shine to anything with Plasti-Dip-yes they sell car kits. People laugh when we say it, but it has held up well after 15 months, and covers the horrible paint so that it looks very good now. It cost about $400, plus a few days in replacing the old cracked body putty and sanding. We has it at Talladega in Ocotber-driving it there and back in the rain, and frankly was an excellent spend. Like Coonhunter says-its not a fantastic paint job, but it beats the heck out of what it looked like before, and it looks great even from 1-2 feet away. It is a dark silver that he mixed some very light metal flake in when it was painted. Will be selling the car when I get back to the states at the end of February-have found a 6-pack. The info is in the listings for cars wanted.