News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lowe's give-away Superbird ~ New information!!!

Started by PettyMower, January 15, 2019, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannedbird

RE: Petty Ad.  Vent windows stump me.  I wonder if there was any "photoshoping" done?  Back in 1969 lingo, Airbrushing, or touching up a print was done, then shooting that artwork for the ad.   So I looked at the ad thinking what could have been added by the art department and what could have been physically done to the car.  On the actual car I can imagine not too hard to add decals, windshield clips, stick a 3" pipe under passenger door, part of a roll cage, and add trim around the headlight opening.  Maybe they pulled out the seats (can't tell).  But why take off the passenger door vent window?  It would have been extra work not really needed to get the "race car" effect for the ad.  So, maybe some items were erased from an actual photo?

They kept the vinyl top on; maybe too hard to edit it out?

Is there a thread on this ad or both the 2-page Bird ads?  Thx
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

Alaskan_TA

Whatever artwork may have been done, they missed the radio antenna base.

From a historical perspective, the alleged 1971 Challenger T/A was airbrushed from a 1970 model into a 1971 model, so they were doing that back then.