News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29L9B355146 Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2020

Started by held1823, January 12, 2020, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

B54SPEED

Did this car get a color change from V2 to R4?

Birdflu

Quote from: B54SPEED on January 19, 2020, 11:49:20 AM
Did this car get a color change from V2 to R4?

How did you come up with that based on the above pictures? Did I miss something? I think the car was one of the better buys at Barrett for $170K!

Mopar John

Something that may have held the value back on this one was throughout the auction
it had "title in transit".
MJ

B54SPEED

Aero426

Quote from: Mopar John on January 19, 2020, 12:59:53 PM
Something that may have held the value back on this one was throughout the auction
MJ

It was interesting that someone decided to pay up over $100,000 more for the Limelight Six-bbl Superbird two cars later.   

Birdflu

Quote from: Aero426 on January 19, 2020, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: Mopar John on January 19, 2020, 12:59:53 PM
MJ

It was interesting that someone decided to pay up over $100,000 more for the Limelight Six-bbl Superbird two cars later.   

My thoughts EXACTLY Doug!  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Quote from: B54SPEED on January 19, 2020, 03:02:30 PM
What does title in transit mean?

It means the car arrived at the auction but the owner had not relinquished the title yet.  It's actually not an uncommon problem in the auction business.

FJMG

Hmmm, interesting, so if the owner drives their car on the block with title in their pocket, would that still be considered "title in transit"? I mean the owner could just hand over title to winning bidder at that point no?
Or is this just "part of procedure" where the owner needs to relinquish to auction house first and they in turn hand over to buyer?
I can see where a bidder would be a little apprehensive without a "guaranteed" title!

birdsandbees

Technically, up here at least, the auction house can not sell a car unless they have the original ownership in their hands before the hammer comes down. Mandatory for a seller to surrender it before the auction starts.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Birdflu

Quote from: FJMG on January 21, 2020, 04:42:02 PM
Hmmm, interesting, so if the owner drives their car on the block with title in their pocket, would that still be considered "title in transit"? I mean the owner could just hand over title to winning bidder at that point no?
Or is this just "part of procedure" where the owner needs to relinquish to auction house first and they in turn hand over to buyer?
I can see where a bidder would be a little apprehensive without a "guaranteed" title!

In most cases, the auction house is actually a 'dealer'. They only own the car for the short lapse in time when the gavel hits the podium. That's when it goes from seller to 'dealer' to buyer. It would be the 'dealers' responsibility to ensure the title gets forwarded to the buyer. Title in transit would not be a deal breaker for me. No different than going to a new car dealer and driving a new vehicle home with title to follow.

Ghoste

birdsandbees,we do need the title in hand in Ontario because the vehicle portion needs to be signed by the seller.  We have to flip it into our name if it sells and then into the final buyers name.  Tax reasons, you can't wake up in Ontario without paying taxes.
Many US states are the same.

70 sublime

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2020, 06:22:53 AM
birdsandbees,we do need the title in hand in Ontario because the vehicle portion needs to be signed by the seller.  We have to flip it into our name if it sells and then into the final buyers name.  Tax reasons, you can't wake up in Ontario without paying taxes.
Many US states are the same.

Does the dealer pay any tax or is it just the cost of the paperwork ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

wingcarenvy

That Daytona was stellar. It was tough to get pictures but it had plenty of mirrors under it to see the undercar detail. It was somewhat over restored but it also had great original detail to it. I have sold a few of the cars in my collection at Barrett-Jackson and "title in transit" means that the lien holder (bank) has the title and Barrett-Jackson will send the money owed to the bank and the rest will go to the seller (what's left after commissions) and the title will get mailed to Barrett-Jackson for final paperwork and then off to the new owner.

Q5XX29

I had wondered what kind of shape that Daytona was in... seems like somebody got a pretty good deal on it.
dakota_gt on Instagram

winged69

If you note it is a Canadian car. We do not have titles so upon import a title will have to be applied for.