News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

inner door color

Started by 5wndwcpe, January 25, 2020, 07:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5wndwcpe

Was the inner door structure painted the same as the exterior color or did it match the interior color ?  Specifically, I'm talking about the exposed areas in front of and below the door panels.  I've searched numerous photos of what appear to be original cars and keep getting mixed results.

-Pete

Alaskan_TA

Your interior code & upper door frame code are?

Make & model of said car?

5wndwcpe

Sorry Barry, it's a '69 SE (not mine, it's a car I'm going to look at tomorrow). The fender tag is tough to read but I think it's CRG and the car was F8.  It was on it's way to a General Lee conversion and never finished, so it's been painted orange inside and out. 

b5blue

Below the door card is normally interior color the rest exterior.

Alaskan_TA

Take a look, see if it says F8 as the next code after CRG.

5wndwcpe

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 26, 2020, 03:39:23 PM
Take a look, see if it says F8 as the next code after CRG.

I believe it does. 

maxwellwedge

Usually easier to read the back of the fender tag if the top side is rusty....

Hard Charger

Quote from: 5wndwcpe on January 25, 2020, 07:33:41 PM
Was the inner door structure painted the same as the exterior color or did it match the interior color ?  Specifically, I'm talking about the exposed areas in front of and below the door panels.  I've searched numerous photos of what appear to be original cars and keep getting mixed results.

-Pete

The inner door (sides/bottom) is not finished the same as the exterior of the car.  They are usually painted black or at least the color of the interior or door card in 1st gen B-bodies.

gtx6970

From the weatherstripping holes are inward is a color the  coordinates to the interior of the car

kent

^^^This^^^

Mine's a 70 500 with white interior and is white from the weather stripping holes inward.

Kent

Alaskan_TA

Per the fender tag, F8 body paint & F8 interior door paint.

(the same color in in this case)  ;)