News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight door conversion

Started by nitrousn, January 26, 2020, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrousn

Who has converted the vacuum headlamp doors to electronic actuators? Looking for what kit you used and how did they install and work?

WHITE AND RED 69

http://chargerspecialties.net/headlight-door-actuators.html

Installation is pretty simple. Actuators bolt in where the vacuum pods were and will connect to the door bars. Wiring is just power, ground, and switched voltage which taps into the high beam switch. Comes with power box that I installed under the battery tray. Just make sure your headlight doors are perfectly aligned as any binding will strain the motor.

I'm sure there are cheaper ways to do it but if you want a pre made kit this is the only one (other places sell it but its made by Charger Specialties). Also the picture shows a metal housing but they are all ABS now.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

nitrousn

So you were happy with the kit and install? That was the kit I had been seeing. Charger specialties says they are now made of aluminum?

WHITE AND RED 69

I've been happy with it. I've had it about about 4 years now and haven't had a single issue with it.

That's nice that they are made from aluminum now. When I emailed the owner he said the aluminum wasn't cost effective but it looks cooler than the ABS.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

nitrousn

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure I am going this route as I reassemble the car.