News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 440-4 Intakes used on Superbirds.

Started by mopar4ya, January 30, 2020, 07:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4ya

How many different castings were used for the 1970 440 HP engines? Looking at casting 2951736, mine has no date code on the top showing, just see a 11x11 on the bottom. Is this the date code as in 11 month 11 day? Would be interested in seeing pictures of original intakes on Superbirds as that is what mine is off of. I was looking for a duplicate of mine for a project and didn't realize how many different ones apparently were used.

Thanks!

Repsol17

This is my original intake manifold, it's never been off.  It has the same p/n 2951736 but it's stamped up front where yours appears to be stamped at the rear.  I believe this was the only p/n for the 440-4 for 1970.  There could of been a second supplier being ours are stamped different.

The 11x11 is not a cast date.  My cast date is at the rear (10-28-69) and I'm guessing it was cast on the night shift (see the D and N just below or to the right) as the indicator is pointing at the N

I do not see a cast date on top of yours, maybe it's stamped on the bottom.  Reason why I suggest a second supplier.  Have you looked at the bottom ?

Can anyone else verify the above?

Hope this is some help
1970 Bird 440-4 bl Sublime green

mopar4ya

Thank you! That is exactly what I am trying to figure out. Would really appreciate anyone else that would take the time to take a picture of there intake. Might be interesting also to know what # your car was on the shipping list. the only other numbers on my intake are on the bottom and is a raised casting with 11x11 and 738.

Thanks!

Alaskan_TA

These intakes were also used on other 1970 B-bodies, C & E-bodies also.

This one has an early date code, 7-29-69 & its from a 440 HP engine assembled 1-15-70, so it sat around somewhere for months.

Dragon Slayer

odcics2

What's up with those "plugs" in the plenum?  :shruggy:
Are those really plugs or just look like it?   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

mopar4ya

Thanks Barry! The odd looking round marks are not plugs, just casting marks. There must have been a bunch of venders doing this manifold. 

Dragon Slayer

I have seen a few manifolds that have plugs, not necessarily the 440.  Cleanout for cross over? 

ACUDANUT

I don't think anyone cares about this anymore.  :Twocents:  It does not make or brake your car. Aftermarket ones were always added, like tires ,rims and air cleaners.  :Twocents:

b5blue