News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mechanic recommendation in San Diego Ca area??

Started by sixty-niner, February 02, 2020, 03:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty-niner

hello everyone, I am looking for some assistance to complete my 1969 charger project.  If anyone knows someone who is good with these cars in the San Diego california area please let me know.
thanks.
ps.I still need wiring, brakes and fuel lines. most of the engine is done but the carb still needs to be put on and tuned.

ERIK

XH29N0G

I wish I knew a mechanic I could pass along, but I am on the opposite coast.  I reply because I posted something similar and found that unless someone knows someone nearby, there won't be a response.  I ultimately found someone and when I posted them up, I had a response from someone who said they were good, but didn't know they were still in business.  You may need to do some digging and looking on your own.  I had good luck and bad luck and ultimately found that local enthusiasts were the best source of information.  Then I found that I had to do a lot of learning and reading to learn so that I could do the work myself.  I have found it slow, but sort of like therapy.  I often ask stupid questions on here and have almost always gotten help.

Good luck.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

twenty mike mike

https://www.driftersgarage.com/

Ron loves Chargers. Check out his Instagram page. That's his '70 R/T.

Oops, his webmaster used pics of my car under Recently Finished on the Garage page. The 4 speed is correct.

Gregory

Quote from: sixty-niner on February 02, 2020, 03:23:36 PM
hello everyone, I am looking for some assistance to complete my 1969 charger project.  If anyone knows someone who is good with these cars in the San Diego california area please let me know.
thanks.
ps.I still need wiring, brakes and fuel lines. most of the engine is done but the carb still needs to be put on and tuned.

ERIK

Thanks for posting this. Ill be watching this thread. I am about to start on my '69 Charger next month and I know I will need help in a few spots. Another reason I was looking for locations of members around me working on the same thing.

sixty-niner

Ponch ®

I know a guy, but he is up in Simi Valley (north of LA). PM if still interested.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 04, 2020, 11:13:45 AM
I know a guy, but he is up in Simi Valley (north of LA). PM if still interested.
Dude - youre still alive?   lol
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

myk

Ed Leon at Spring Valley Automotive.  They have done all of the mechanical work on my Charger that I couldn't handle and the car couldn't be better.  He is not cheap, but he stands by his work and he loves older cars; drives an Olds 442 daily as a matter of fact...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

sixty-niner

yeah I called Ed from spring valley auto and he said he is retireing in may and didnt want anymore projects.  bummer really.

myk

Quote from: sixty-niner on March 10, 2020, 12:50:53 AM
yeah I called Ed from spring valley auto and he said he is retireing in may and didnt want anymore projects.  bummer really.

Oh, I thought you were just looking to do some repair work.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  Yeah believe me when I say I am bummed about it; the Charger and I've been using Ed since 2001.  I honestly don't know who I will go to for major repair work/modifications, when that time comes...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Rolling_Thunder

Brakes, wiring, and those things are not too difficult - Can be done in a home garage

What are you doing wiring wise? custom harness? M&H?

I am up in Los Angeles I can ask around up here
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip