News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

roof assembly order

Started by 5wndwcpe, February 05, 2020, 07:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5wndwcpe

Before I dig into this (possible) roof replacement, can someone tell me the order of assembly on the roof ?  Was the roof attached to the underlying structure and then the drip rails installed on top of that ?  I've searched a number of posts and can't quite find any pictures that show it clearly.

Or put another way, where do I begin to remove the roof skin in order to do a repair on the skeleton ?  And, of course, reassembly ?

Thanks,
Pete

gtx6970

roof is over top of the drip rails
Under the rear quarter panels though

5wndwcpe

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 06, 2020, 05:08:58 PM

The top edge of the quarter goes under the roof or I made a big mistake.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

gtx6970

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 02, 2020, 07:54:59 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on February 06, 2020, 05:08:58 PM

The top edge of the quarter goes under the roof or I made a big mistake.

yep,
I messed up you are correct

Montclaire

I watched a video on youtube with the old guy who used to be on HotRod TV.  He was installing a roof skin on a 70 Challenger.  They buzzed off a lot of the bad metal with an air shear which made it easier to separate the panels.  Be careful not to cut through the bracing and it would probably help to have a good spot weld cutter (Blair) and a flat panel chisel.  I think they also used a long air chisel.  Worth checking out.