News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Location For Line Loc Solenoid

Started by Ghoste, February 06, 2020, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

With disc brakes and factory oem valving, that is to say the distribution block and metering valve and proportioning valve, where is the correct place in the system for the line lock solenoid?

c00nhunterjoe

Driver fender near the mc. Line from mc to line loc, lone loc to block.

John_Kunkel

I think the OP is asking which system (front/rear) to install it. Front is the most common but either will work for burnouts.

In the front system you would apply the brakes then energize the line-lock and release the pedal; in the rear system you would energize the line-lock before applying the brake to isolate the rears.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Actually I wasn't clear at all with the question but you are close John.  How I should have asked was in my system, I have the distribution block in which one port to the front is plugged and the line out goes to a metering valve which then splits to right and left for the front.  John, you are correct in that by my thinking, the solenoid in the front half is where it should go but  the only place I see for it is between the distribution block and the metering valve.  Will it affect the operation of the metering valve or conversely, will the metering valve affect the application of the solenoid?
Does that make sense?

John_Kunkel

If you're gonna place it in the front circuit, between the block and the metering valve is a good place. The metering valve just delays pressure to the front brakes until a certain pressure is attained; if you close the line-lock valve behind the metering valve after the metering valve is opened, it will still hold the pressure in the front brakes.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on February 06, 2020, 11:24:10 AM
With disc brakes and factory eom valving, that is to say the distribution block and metering valve and proportioning valve, where is the correct place in the system for the line lock solenoid?

If you still have the factory type safety switch valve the line lock connection should go after it, so it does not switch over & turn on the dash brake light.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

That switch is inside the distribution block is it not?

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on February 11, 2020, 06:08:37 AM
That switch is inside the distribution block is it not?

yes, even the instructions for my line lock said after the block, I hooked mine up to block OUT the rear brakes so I can control the car with the brake pedal, when doing it that way you have to reverse the in & out on the line lock valve  
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr