News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Rare and Mint 1969 Dodge Charger 500 SE" is back again....

Started by Golden-Arm, February 09, 2020, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden-Arm

saw this 500 pop up again. touted as "1 of 2" a/c cars, it's one i'd like to have a look at. rock solid motorsports in indiana has it, currently.

QuoteHere is a very rare and sought after 1969 Dodge Charger 500 SE. This particular car has gone through a highly detailed restoration that is investment quality. With thorough inspection, it appears that the Charger has very few miles from restoration. Powered by a 440 Cu In V8 and backed by a Torqueflite automatic transmission. Exterior is finished in the correct, special ordered, T5 color code copper metallic. The interior is tan leather and vinyl with front bucket seats. There are 2 pages from Galen Govier that document the options and production of this rare Charger 500 SE. Some of the options on this special Dodge include power steering, power brakes, center console, head rests, tinted glass, outside left remote mirror, air conditioning, and rear deck 500 stripe. In 1969 Dodge only produced 392 Charger 500's and out of that 392, there were only 13 SE models. Going further, out of the 13 SE package Chargers, only 2 had factory air conditioning, and this is one of those 2 cars. Another history fact about this rare Charger 500 is that it was owned by the NASCAR driver Buddy Arrington. With the combination of the high quality restoration and the rarity of this 1969 Dodge Charger 500 SE, it would be a great addition or start of any collection. Please make sure to look at all the pictures, including the bottom of this wonderful piece of Dodge and automotive history.

hemi68charger

Nice looking 500.. Well, we all here know there were more than 2 A/C 500s built, probably even in that color... Wonder how the remote mirror will be "controlled"? no little adjuster handle sticking out of the bezel..  :coolgleamA:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Wingnut426

I'm not a 500 expert, but the all chrome wheels and the shift knob are incorrect. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69_500

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 09, 2020, 01:03:37 PM
I'm not a 500 expert, but the all chrome wheels and the shift knob are incorrect. WINGNUT

Wheels are not correct, however on this car the chrome knob is correct. Saw this car before it was ever restored.

I know of 6 SE 500's that have air.

A383Wing

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 09, 2020, 12:42:28 PM
Nice looking 500.. Well, we all here know there were more than 2 A/C 500s built, probably even in that color... Wonder how the remote mirror will be "controlled"? no little adjuster handle sticking out of the bezel..  :coolgleamA:

that was the first thing I noticed was the missing mirror control knob

Bryan

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

white

I looked at the car last year when it first went up for Auction. It sold for 61k plus fees and Tax, for a grand total of 77k. That's was to much for me with all the little things that were not right, plus I'm looking to buy a Daytona  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Quote from: 69_500 on February 09, 2020, 06:35:38 PM

Wheels are not correct, however on this car the chrome knob is correct. Saw this car before it was ever restored.

was one of your known 6 a B5 blue one out of Canada?

Bryan

69_500

Quote from: A383Wing on February 10, 2020, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 09, 2020, 06:35:38 PM

was one of your known 6 a B5 blue one out of Canada?

Bryan

If your referring to Gordon's old car it was an SE but no air. There is a B5 SEcwith air but it's in Colorado

A383Wing

Ah, Ok.....it's been so long since I saw Gord's car....I thought it had AC.....I knew it was an SE car though

Thanks, Bryan