News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct drivers side non-remote mirror for a -68?

Started by Jonas_N, February 10, 2020, 03:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_N

Previous owner put some random (?) mirror on my car.
How does a original drivers side mirror (No remote) look like on a 68?

Would I be correct to get the mirror next to the question mark in the picture?

gtx6970

Like the one in your insert picture. definitely not whats on the door shown

jlatessa

And use the reinforcement plate on the inside...
Really firms up the mirror.

Joe

Jonas_N

Thanks guys. Will get the one in the insert pic then.
Didnt know there was a reinforcement plate, will look for that one.  :2thumbs:

jlatessa

Megaparts has them, they also carry the outside door handle reinforcements,  BIG improvement!

Joe

ALBSURE1091

Only issue you may have is the correct mirror you'll be getting will not cover both holes from the mirror you have there now. I had exact same issue with mine. Got the same mirror you getting and it didn't cover both holes. Hopefully you'll get better luck than me. I put a chrome carriage bolt in the hole for now until I can do the proper body work. Tried to upload a picture but of course the site won't let me. Always have issues trying to post pictures

Jonas_N

Quote from: ALBSURE1091 on February 22, 2020, 12:01:57 PM
Only issue you may have is the correct mirror you'll be getting will not cover both holes from the mirror you have there now. I had exact same issue with mine. Got the same mirror you getting and it didn't cover both holes. Hopefully you'll get better luck than me. I put a chrome carriage bolt in the hole for now until I can do the proper body work. Tried to upload a picture but of course the site won't let me. Always have issues trying to post pictures

Yeah, I also noticed that from the pics of the new one.
Though the hole is very small, Im planning to just weld it shut, then some grind and paint.