News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Broadcast Sheet Question

Started by WINGIN IT, February 13, 2020, 11:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Did all Superbird Broadcast Sheets have ' NASCAR NO 1 ' at the bottom?

SBBob

I do not think so because mine does not have it.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

Aero426

WINGIN IT

Ok thanks.

So anyone know what prompted the factory to put that on there?
Didn't they all get built at the same plant ?

Arnie Cunningham

The 999 Petty blue cars often have NASCAR 2 on the bottom of the sheet.  Does anyone have a photo?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

WINGIN IT

Interesting.
Does that infer the 999 cars were on a separate line or something?

odcics2

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 13, 2020, 04:30:51 PM
Interesting.

nope.  All one line.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: odcics2 on February 13, 2020, 05:37:14 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 13, 2020, 04:30:51 PM
Interesting.

nope.  All one line.

That's what I figured, so why '1' vs '2' ?

odcics2

Maybe everyone with a Bird broadcast sheet should post it and see I there is any pattern by build dates, or whatever...   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Arnie Cunningham

My best guess is that the 999 paint cars were an afterthought.  Corporate blue/Petty blue does  not show up as an optional color on the dealer brochure.  When the decision to build the Superbirds was finalized the run was given the "NASCAR 1" designation.  Shortly thereafter the decision to build the Petty blue cars was approved and a unique set of J numbers was given to those cars.  This small run was probably given "NASCAR 2" to differentiate it from the other cars.  This is all speculation on my part.  Please don't take it as gospel.
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on February 14, 2020, 02:56:28 PM
My best guess is that the 999 paint cars were an afterthought.  Corporate blue/Petty blue does  not show up as an optional color on the dealer brochure.  When the decision to build the Superbirds was finalized the run was given the "NASCAR 1" designation.  Shortly thereafter the decision to build the Petty blue cars was approved and a unique set of J numbers was given to those cars.  This small run was probably given "NASCAR 2" to differentiate it from the other cars.  This is all speculation on my part.  Please don't take it as gospel.
Brennan
I think that theory makes sense, whether that's what happened or not.

So why do you think some sheets didn't get anything on the bottom?  Lazy workers producing the sheets?
How were these sheets produced specifically for these cars? Any different than regular line Mopars?

Alaskan_TA

Guesses are just that.

The truth is that Superbirds were Y39 'Special Order' cars.

The Petty Blue cars also had 999 'Special order' paint on a car that was already a special order car.

So a slightly different J VON series was used on the Petty Blue cars.

SBBob

[/color]My car is in the last 10% of serial numbers, maybe the just got tired of doing it.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

WINGIN IT

Quote from: SBBob on February 14, 2020, 06:23:40 PM
[/color]My car is in the last 10% of serial numbers, maybe the just got tired of doing it.

Ha, could be  ;)