News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona / 500 back glass

Started by hemi68charger, February 18, 2020, 07:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Curious, but could not find it in a search, but isn't there someone who offers Daytona / 500 back glass?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

In the swap shop section this guy has a rear window glass listed in his parts for sale

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,137068.0.html
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2020, 07:29:15 AM
Hey gang..

Curious, but could not find it in a search, but isn't there someone who offers Daytona / 500 back glass?

Day late and a dollar short Troy, AMD sold out on the run they had, plans for more are....nil, the California private producer passed away, I don't know the status of their mfg other than it was a side line outside of their regular glass work, being done as a niche for the hobby, if your looking for a back up spare, I'd grab that one off of Tony, bad glass is better than no glass

Mike

white

Tony's back glass was sold last week.

hemi68charger

Thanks guys... Was looking for a glass for someone else... Not for me.. Mine are good thus far..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2020, 10:22:28 AM
Thanks guys... Was looking for a glass for someone else... Not for me.. Mine are good thus far..

AMD's back glass are listed as 'out of stock', but I know they had some available a while back when they were showing out of stock then too (I emailed them direct). Fitment wasn't great, and price discounted because of it. Drop them a line if to see if they still have these 'seconds' if they are any good for your friends ride.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

From Grant Janak today.

Hey Troy things have been going great! The Charger 500 looks awesome all painted up! We still make a polycarbonate back glass with a slight bubble like the original. It is a scratch resistant material with uv coating. Like in a diamond during the blowing process we get some imperfections. But our factory equivalent glasses are near perfect and run $650. We keep this item in stock.
Troy

odcics2

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2020, 04:08:36 PM
From Grant Janak today.

Hey Troy things have been going great! The Charger 500 looks awesome all painted up! We still make a polycarbonate back glass with a slight bubble like the original. It is a scratch resistant material with uv coating. Like in a diamond during the blowing process we get some imperfections. But our factory equivalent glasses are near perfect and run $650. We keep this item in stock.

Nice if you have a race Daytona...  :yesnod:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

daytonalo

FYI , The AMD re-po back-lite  was laminated part unlike the orig tempered part . Tempered glass is much harder and scratch resistant than laminated .......   

chargervert

I bought an AMD one and it was tempered not laminated,and it looked good,and was date coded. The repro windows that were made by another vendor prior to the AMD Daytona rear glass were laminated,perhaps you saw one of those,not an AMD one Larry.

ernies

Hi Mike I been trying to pm but your box is full I need louvers for my 71 Dodge Charger black in color hope you still have or make these ? Im in NNJ my cell 201-602-5178 can call anytime an I have paypal also.   Thanks  Ernie
1970 HEMI CHARGER 500 B5 tribute driver
1971 Charger Super Bee 440 4 speed V2 tribute driver

wyliemn71

I would entertain selling one of my pieces of glass.

69 500

when you say one of your pieces ,how many do you have avaible and are they OEM ? used or new ? I may be interested.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2020, 10:22:28 AM

Uh oh, sounds like another sell/swap deal in the making.

wyliemn71

the glass I have is OEM, out of cars years ago

odcics2

...and behind the scene, the PMs are flying!   :yesnod:

odcics2

69_500

It all depends on the date code on the glass. If its early enough, I would be interested. If its too late, then I have no use for a Daytona glass. Just for a 500 dated glass

69 500

just so you im still interested , although our avatars are close to the same but different people.

white

odcics2

Quote from: 69_500 on April 10, 2020, 11:49:17 AM
It all depends on the date code on the glass. If its early enough, I would be interested. If its too late, then I have no use for a Daytona glass. Just for a 500 dated glass

If you broke your 500 glass in 1970, you'd get a "Daytona" dated glass from Mopar Parts. 
(did any early built Daytonas get 500 dated glass?)

I'd rather have a later date coded original glass than any repop, any day....   Just my  :Twocents:

69 500

hey where did everybody go ?? well maybe he sold the glass , the last I from him, he was going to call me back. thought I would have heard back bye now.

wyliemn71

Im still here, work for a power company and have been kinda busy but it is on my plate, thanks.

69 500

thank you had no ideaof your job ,keep it up. :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

I have a laminated reproduction back glass for a 500/Daytona for sale but i don't want to deal with shipping. I'm located in Portland Oregon.
1969 coronet wagon

aerolith

I'm with Greg,

The closet I got to Daytona ownership was my 70 date coded 'DAYTONA' back glass lol :2thumbs:

Repop glass on a 'REAL' C500, thats just not 'the done thing'... :slap: :smilielol: :rotz:

Ugly ducklings (even in F8 green) deserve the 'best of the BEST'. :girlfight:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

wingcarenvy

The California supplier is close to me. I bought my one year only windshield from them. I bet the glass is still available. If someone's in a pinch I could find out if they are still there.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: wingcarenvy on April 21, 2020, 07:34:55 PM
The California supplier is close to me. I bought my one year only windshield from them. I bet the glass is still available. If someone's in a pinch I could find out if they are still there.

If it's Lee at Alan Auto Glass in Burbank California 818 845 7300, last inquiry over a year or so ago for Daytona/Superbird rear glass I was informed of his passing, the Wingcar glass was a sideline from the main Auto glass business, I never got an answer if the glass would still be available? worth a venture for someone interested in pursuing? even if the frames/tooling are available for sale for another vendor to manufacture the glass, half the battles done if they can be procured...

Mike