News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

T7 69 Charger 500 forsale

Started by tan top, February 24, 2020, 02:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

think this was  ( pocketthunders) ole charger  :scratchchin:, if so think sure it had a vinyl top originally  :shruggy:

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/101863
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

It's got a drop-in gas tank just like a Mustang.

:lol:

70Sbird

Yup, that sure looks like the Slant six powered C500! :2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 70Sbird on February 24, 2020, 03:37:51 PM

Thats what I thought too but 80K finished ??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

gtx6970

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on February 24, 2020, 05:25:59 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on February 24, 2020, 03:37:51 PM

Thats what I thought too but 80K finished ??

What are recent sales prices on 500s . thats in the range isnt it ?

Highbanked Hauler

I know mine needs the correct tin on it (no cut hood and fenders)  but I have had a discussion with Hagerty to value it more than 45K and they don't feel that is unreasonable. wow.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

white

I remember this car, I believe they call it the hillside Hemi on YouTube. Was for sale on ebay about 9 years ago.

white

T5 C500 sold for 75k plus tax in Indiana. So he is about right on value restored based on the recent sale.

70 sublime

The ad makes it sound like you will get rich if you buy this car and fix it up
The car has no drive line in it and says it has all the typical Charger rust that needs to be fixed
When this car is one of 292 built I would think you would try to do a good job on fixing it up and spend some cash to do it
After buying it for $25000 and hope to sell it for $80 000 how much are you really going to make ?
Unless it is in better shape than he is making it sound
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

chaaargerb

I owned the car a couple of people before pocket thunder. It did have a Vinyl top on it when I had it. From doing research on the top it was determined that it was put on when it was first traded in. The top was not the original correct pattern and the rear trim was chromed plastic. The rear clip on the car is pretty soft. It had been bondoed up in the 80's.It will most likely need all rear sheet metal and rear rails.Deck lid was pretty beat up. Rear plug/glass and trim were pretty good. It still had the numbers trans when I sold it. I sold it because I didn't think it was cost effective to restore.
If the guy selling the car was the one that bought it on ebay and if he's adding all the sheet metal and some other new parts I would say he really isn't making anything on the car. Unless your an expert sheet metal body guy and can/want to build the car I think your going to be backwards. Cool car I enjoyed owning it.  :2thumbs:  

Ps I reread the add and the car was a 8 3/4 car not a Dana car. Car was pretty much a base 440 model. Had manual drum brakes and a 22 inch radiator. 

69_500

Being an automatic and obviously not numbers matching, this car would be hard pressed to see north of $65,000 once completed.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 69_500 on February 25, 2020, 08:53:24 PM
Being an automatic and obviously not numbers matching, this car would be hard pressed to see north of $65,000 once completed.

It would cost more then that to restore it. LEON.

moparstuart

Leaning Town of power is gone   :'( :'(
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

aerolith

Best car on the planet to restore in my book! :pity: :pity: :pity:

Who cares what it costs??? :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Either you want a C500 or you don't! :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

I know folks who have restored 318 Chargers and were happy to do it... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

If you want to make money then buy a 50 year old house,(in a nice area) not a 50 year old car...

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Ghoste

Nicely put.  Too many investors and not enough for the love of the car in this hobby all too often.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2020, 06:05:41 AM
Nicely put.  Too many investors and not enough for the love of the car in this hobby all too often.

I think there is  Barrett Jackson syndrome  going on with a lot of people and how many times do you see auction cars "well bought" and the owner takes a bath. :yesnod:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2020, 06:05:41 AM

Agreed, I also like to see the "love" of the hobby overlook, color changes, tasteful mods, driveline upgrades, rebodies, etc, etc in order to preserve/create a vehicle, but the sheep have been lead down a path worrying about "value/investment"...

Ghoste

And to be fair, the other side of the coin is that the high "values" have led to the variety of restoration parts out there (in my opinion).  I'm not sure some of the repro companies would have tooled up if someone wasnt willing to spend the money on restoring.

aerolith

Restoring Mopars has always been a 'tough ride'.

Wouldn't have it any other way myself!
Its an expensive game resto, and paying 'double price' for everything totally SUCKS!!!
If you mention the 'hemi' word when buying parts, be prepared to be SHAFTED 'even more' too... :slap:

Funny how we have a Mopar Nationals in the UK but don't see a Chevy or Ford Nats?
Seems there's a lot of Folks in Europe who just love a Mopar, regardless of cost.

We always say ''Quality costs'' not build quality as such, just all round scrumptiousness lol... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Once bitten always smitten, especially with a Gen-2 CHARGER... :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

MoPaR 312

What is this car worth the way it sits now?? I know of a similar 500 project I've been trying to buy for some time but have never got as far as a offer because the guy is pretty adamant he doesn't want to sell right now and I could use the money for other projects haha.

white

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

aerolith

$15k if it was F8 green

$20k cos its brownish  :lol: ( 70 Burnt Orange Retro C500 or Daycloner )

$25k if it was B5 blue... :2thumbs:

In a gray world, color is KING! :D

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623