News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first public rock band "gig"

Started by hemi68charger, February 24, 2020, 02:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Well, there is something beside Mopar...... Opppppps, did I just say that?  :o

Yeap, about 3 years ago I started taking lessons at a local music school and was having some fun. I did a couple of recitals with all the other MUCH younger students. Each recital was one song and those, sometimes the complete song wasn't done due to time constraints... About 3 months ago I decided I wanted to try being part of a group of people playing together in a band setting, so I joined the School of Rock.... I take my regular one-a-week guitar lesson, but on Wed night I have my 2 hour band rehearsal as we learn a set of 6 songs. Most my learning for the songs is on my own.. Well, I've gotten into it pretty good.. Started with a simple Yamaha Acoustic, then I saw a really nice Fender Strat California series, then a year later I bought a really nice Gibson Les Paul Traditional for my recital of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.... I have a really nice '80's Fender Champ tube amp and various pedals. Recently I bought a Schecter for that metal sound of bands like Judas Priest, Alice in Chains, etc...

Saturday was my 1st performance in front of an audience at a local rock-n-roll bar and grille with my adult student band along with a number of kid student bands as well.. It was very cool...

PS: the autograph on my Gibson is Sammy Hagar. I got him to sign it when he used my Daytona in a car show commercial he made for his California Beach Party.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lennard