News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 B Body Glove Box Door

Started by VegasCharger, February 29, 2020, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Hello, I have a glove box door from a 1970 B Body. It was removed from a Satellite station wagon (standard dash frame). My question is: are the rallye & standard dash frame glove box doors the same? I know that 68-9 B Body GB doors are the same between the two.

Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks

:cheers:

kent

Not the same as my 70 rallye GBD
Quite a bit different. Lock is in a different spot on the rallye.  Different door all together. Interior side of the door panel appear to be the same.

I'll get a shot of my door.
Kent

kent

Here is mine. You missing your door?

Kent

VegasCharger

Quote from: kent on February 29, 2020, 08:08:58 PM.....Here is mine. You missing your door?.....

Thanks Kent again for helping me out. (remember answering my question about correct screws for rear qt window trim?)

No not missing a door. I don't own a 1970 B Body.

Here's the story if you dare to read (lol):
I purchased a complete 1970 B Body standard dash at a swap meet. I couldn't pass it up for $40.00. Anyway I sold off a lot of components and I was down to the bare dash frame and this glove box door. I was wondering why these parts weren't selling. Then I discovered something while at a Mopar show/swap meet. I learned that in 1970, Road Runners came standard with Rallye dashes unlike 68-9 Road Runners. Therefore there is no desire for one to need a standard dash frame. Even if someone was restoring a 1970 Satellite (non Sport) they would more than likely turn to a rallye dash.

But I still thought the glove box doors were the same until now (thanks Kent). Reason why I still have this door and no one would even pick it up at my swap spots.

:cheers:

kent

No problem VegasCharger. Anytime. Like I said before, I'm more than likely going to need some help putting my car back together someday and hopefully you or someone else will be willing to give me some advice.
You never know. The minute you toss it, you know darn well some one will come calling looking for it. Put her up for sale over FBBO. Lots of traffic there. :yesnod:
Kent