News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS wing

Started by Charger1970, March 01, 2020, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

You know...... Im willing to bet that.... for the price this dude is dreaming about getting for his mr. bitchen wing... You could probably pay a foundry to cast the uprights.. And they would come out GOOD!!!!!!!! You wouldnt be able to tell the difference.. And then for a couple grand more you could probably get an excrusion die made. (what ever you call that and how ever you spell it) And could make the horizonals.... So at first you might be in it a tad more. But to have exact wings made people would love to have them. And at a fair price you could make your money back im willing to bet and then some.....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DoubleDlover on March 10, 2020, 04:32:39 AM
You know...... Im willing to bet that.... for the price this dude is dreaming about getting for his mr. bitchen wing... You could probably pay a foundry to cast the uprights.. And they would come out GOOD!!!!!!!! You wouldnt be able to tell the difference.. And then for a couple grand more you could probably get an excrusion die made. (what ever you call that and how ever you spell it) And could make the horizonals.... So at first you might be in it a tad more. But to have exact wings made people would love to have them. And at a fair price you could make your money back im willing to bet and then some.....

Agreed, but why even waste the time and money, 2 SB wing repro mfgs currently have castings out there that are just as good or better than the original, but kudos if the guy can hook a dummy willing to drop $20K for "originality/NOS" bragging rights

superbird20

The companies that DAY CLONA are talking about make great wings.  A little sanding and spray paint and they are better than NOS.  The NOS wings go to the small number of collectors who hang them in their collections and they only do this if the wing is priced right.  The proof is in the pudding; he hasn't sold them.  I repeat:  REALITY CHECK!