News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Mats- Which is Best?

Started by Ghoste, March 02, 2020, 12:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Bought a repro trunk mast for the 69 and its junk in my opinion.  Just a real thin and poorly cut cheap vinyl.  Does anyone offer one that accurately duplicates the original?

69bfan

If you purchased one of those thin vinyl ones, they are nothing more than a plastic like shower curtain material with a print pattern to duplicate the original style mats.  I will not even stock those and yet people will buy them when you can purchase the more correct rubber variety for $10 to $15 more depending upon your vendor choice.  I know that vendors prefer dealing with the vinyl mats as they can be easily folded up in shrink wrap and shipped inexpensively.  The rubber mats are in a box that for the 68 to 70 applications has to go oversize due to the length of the box. 

The REM mats are correct in that they extend up onto the shock tower area behind the spare tire bracket.  The ACC mat is cut like the 68 to 70 Road Runner / Coronet mats in that they stop at the transition of the trunk floor pan to the kick up at the spare tire bracket.  Both companies offer the gray or tan plaid, hounds tooth or herringbone.  I would say on the plaids, the ACC colors are more correct, but most people do not know those type of details.  On both manufactures, you may find that you will have to slightly trim them for a better fit.

Hope that this covers your questions, if more; drop me a message.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Ghoste

This cheap one is an REM one, they must offer two types?

69bfan

Correct, REM offers both the thin vinyl and a heavier rubber variety.  ACC only offers the heavier rubber variety.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

70gtx440dana

I have an REM rubber 69 style in box...for sale. PM me if interested.   Joe
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54