News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Realistic 1/4 mile time

Started by nickstev440, March 04, 2020, 01:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSB67

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 12, 2020, 06:36:28 AM
Could be, but those are some insane sissy shifts. Lol.

No.  It'll be in the launch because almost every first timer does not let up when the tires break loose and smoke'em for the first 600 ft in two gears.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: BSB67 on March 12, 2020, 07:19:45 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 12, 2020, 06:36:28 AM
Could be, but those are some insane sissy shifts. Lol.

No.  It'll be in the launch because almost every first timer does not let up when the tires break loose and smoke'em for the first 600 ft in two gears.

I was taking into account that in this case, he will at least have a set of sticky tires on it, but anything is still possible. We need to start taking official poll times and see who gets closest.

nickstev440

One year later, and the motor is finally built. It has been done for a couple months, just switching manifold and carb for the Pro Flo 4 (going to weld bungs to the holley intake for hood clearance, whenever its off backorder), and waiting on the dyno. Most of it is the same, but I switched to EFI for drivability, since it's my daily, and I have the cam specs for some more detail. Ill attach the picture of the cam card. Also, I didn't realize before, but when I was saying bias ply, I was referring to slicks on the highway(with radials in front). I sounded kinda dumb there. LOL. But when I go to the track I will most likely be running slicks, but if not it'd be an impromptu trip with a group, so 295 street tires.

I discussed my build with Charlie recently and the overall car seemed relatively similar, but knowing the cam specs and having port injection, does anyone want to update their bet, or is it where you figured itd be.

c00nhunterjoe

ph23vo

i saw a beat and i mean beat...2.5L turbo charger first time at the track..run 11:20@ 155... yes 155.... he was all over the track too ...with every gear change th front end went the other direction.. they tossed him out immediately

for no chute, or roll ba,r or safety equipment of any kind..