News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory heads or aluminum heads 383 4barrel

Started by 123, March 04, 2020, 06:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I owned charger 68 383 4 barrel and I facing in issue until know regarding the factory head is damaged , unfortunately I must to decide now and kindly I want you're advise if I buy new factory heads and keep every thing goin well or I order the aluminum heads which is edelbrook product  E2086

Please notice to me where can buy the  factory heads of 383 .

Thank you in advance

lukedukem

Heads off a 440 will work  As well. What all is wrong with the factory heads. What part number are they?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

c00nhunterjoe

Not enough info about the engine to reccomend what exact head to buy, but bottom line- you can buy a brand new pair of aluminum heads that flow more, for less money then a set of reman stock iron.
   Depending on what pistons are in the 383, you have 3 basic options on aluminum out of the box- 88cc open, 84cc closed and 78cc from edelbrock.

green69rt

These are about as low buck (for aluminum) as they come.  Using them on my 400 engine.  Very mild upgrade in valve size over stock 440 heads.   Others can give you better insight as to performance on a stock 383.  Can use the stock rockers but probably need to measure for push rod fit.  Be aware that these come with straight or angled spark plugs.  Make sure you get the right ones.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-5093

comet_666

Wonder what the weight savings is stock vs these aluminum?

b5blue

comet_666