News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here we go again, alcohol/bleach hording.

Started by b5blue, March 06, 2020, 12:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Quotethe guy Rogan had on his podcast the other day: "we basically waited until the house was on fire to consider building a fire truck"

Pretty much.  

Adjusting for population size, South Korea's 19,000 tests per day would scale up to about 125,000 per day in America.  

Imagine going back to 3-4 weeks ago and trying to raise the alarm on that.  Imagine trying to convince U.S. politicians to start working on that program immediately (which includes paying for the whole thing).  They would have laughed at you.  Those people don't believe in inconvenient facts.  They act like managing the country & dealing with a crisis is somebody else's problem.  

myk

It is someone else's problem, because when the SHTF theyll be taken care of, we the common peasants will have to fend for ourselves.

As for this pandemic being a hoax, I completely agree.  What isnt a hoax is the impact this is having on the economy and people like myself who face being laid off because we as a people would rather give in to hysteria than foster common sense...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Kern Dog

Thank you, Myk.
I call bullshit on this. Someone with a LOT of influence lit this fire for their own gain. The whole shitshow is nothing compared to the results of the P A N I C surrounding it.

Mytur Binsdirti

Ponch ®

:eek2:
January 22: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. It's going to be just fine."
February 2: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
February 25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."
February 25: "I think that's a problem that's going to go away... They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we're very close to a vaccine."
February 26: "The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."
February 26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."
February 27: "One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
February 28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."
March 2: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"
March 2: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they're happening very rapidly."
March 4: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."
March 5: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."
March 5: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"
March 6: "I think we're doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."
March 6: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. And the tests are beautiful.... the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."
March 6: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."
March 6: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."
March 8: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."
March 9: "This blindsided the world."
March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant."
March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
March 13: "I'm declaring a National Emergency"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

timmycharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 13, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
January 22: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. It's going to be just fine."
February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
February 25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."
February 25: "I think that's a problem that's going to go away... They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we're very close to a vaccine."
February 26: "The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."
February 28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."
March 2: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"
March 2: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they're happening very rapidly."
March 4: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."
March 5: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"
March 6: "I think we're doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."
March 6: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. And the tests are beautiful.... the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."
March 6: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."
March 6: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."
March 8: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."
March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant."

::)  we get it dude.. Orange man = bad....   what else you got?

Ponch ®

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2020, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 13, 2020, 03:15:57 PM

::)  we get it dude.. Orange man = bad....   what else you got?

Common sense and the capacity for rational thought.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

timmycharger

[/quote]

[/quote]

you seem a bit obsessed in my book. How long did it take you to put that list together? This is rational behavior?  Probably just a cut and paste from someone else with TDS.. Good luck, wash your hands :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2020, 03:41:33 PM

you seem a bit obsessed in my book. How long did it take you to put that list together? This is rational behavior?  Probably just a cut and paste from someone else with TDS.. Good luck, wash your hands :)

Nice red herring. You're so easily triggered.

Mike DC

The govt's incompetent response to the situation is not funny.   Americans will probably die because of it.  It hasn't happened yet but the virus has not really hit America yet.    

Look at the situation in Italy right now.  They are choosing which patients to treat (try to keep alive).  The disease hit the place too fast (not enough testing & quarantining) and they didn't have enough medical people & resources ready to handle it.  This kind of thing CAN and WILL happen in America if we're not careful.  

Testing 8 people per day in a country of 340 million - this is not being careful.  
Calling it a hoax - this is not stepping up to the plate and managing a problem.  
FFS, we already have outbreaks in multiple states.    

It's all a joke until your loved one is dying from it.  

Challenger340

Quote from: timmycharger on March 13, 2020, 03:41:33 PM

[/quote]

you seem a bit obsessed in my book. How long did it take you to put that list together? This is rational behavior?  Probably just a cut and paste from someone else with TDS.. Good luck, wash your hands :)
[/quote]

I'm not obsessed.... I live in Canada for crissakes....couldn't care any less, but I thought it was pretty humorous so I researched just for fun to "fact check" a few of the above quotes ?
and guess what ?
Trump said every single one of them ver batim.... and on the same dates quoted no less !

And here I thought us Canadian's had a complete lock on having the biggest nit-wit running our Country ?
Apparently we're #2 to you guys ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

Ignorant fucks seem to take everything out of context.
Jumping to panic mode is far worse.

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Mytur Binsdirti

Mytur Binsdirti

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 13, 2020, 07:30:26 PM

green69rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 14, 2020, 06:01:56 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 13, 2020, 07:30:26 PM

Where did those numbers come from?    I can't find any articles that give any numbers.
Edit, now found some data.  Actually, a lot of the same things happened.

Mike DC

The entire world has not spent 2 months all worked up about this virus just to spite Donald Trump.  

This is an actual problem.  They do happen sometimes.  

b5blue

"H1N1" 1918 Influenza was the first true pandemic, back then if you caught it you were dead in 48 hours if your body couldn't defend.

stripedelete

Not sure "pandemic" has anything to do with deaths.

stripedelete

They announced  the first case in our county around 1pm today.   

The local bar was full at 4pm.