News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FRONT CHARGER / DAYTONA FENDERS

Started by B54SPEED, March 06, 2020, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B54SPEED

Ok the schooling on the hood went so well I thought I give the fender college a shot

Again hoping you guys can school me with pics or links to old posts on the difference between
  Charger fenders and Charger Daytona fenders thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge 

nascarxx29

Daytona fenders never get the regular 70 side marker cut out..Due to sidemarker relocated to lower valance
The screen and scoop have a hole in fender.Regular charger fenders won't unless modified.The bottom of fender for a daytona buts up with daytona valance special modification.I recall something on fender tab? Can't recall.Maybe also  Daytona hood pin cables on top of hood not secured to fender .Hood pins not on 70 plain charger fenders.Correct If I'm wrong .Can't think of much else
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

426HemiChick

Quote from: B54SPEED on March 06, 2020, 07:53:22 PM
Ok the schooling on the hood went so well I thought I give the fender college a shot

Again hoping you guys can school me with pics or links to old posts on the difference between
  Charger fenders and Charger Daytona fenders thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge 

Hi B54SPEED,                  14 March 2020

We have a set of used Daytona front fenders. We took a few photos of them and will try to edit out the superfluous stuff and post them here tomorrow, hasta luego.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

kent

WOW!  :2thumbs:

Hemi Chicks where have you been? Everytime you post I'm simply amazed! :yesnod:
Kent

426HemiChick

Quote from: kent on March 15, 2020, 05:27:24 AM
WOW!  :2thumbs:

Hemi Chicks where have you been? Everytime you post I'm simply amazed! :yesnod:

Hi Kent,                15 March 2020

Thanks for the nice post; much appreciated.

We have a lot going and have been busy. We hope we can post the photos today. We reviewed the photos taken yesterday, they look like they need a few close up shots to make them more useful.

As an aside for All Here: During this Corona emergency, make sure you are getting enough Vitamin D3. Best to check with your health care pro, Primary Doctor, for just how much you should increase your D3 dosage. D3 helps our immune system keep us healthy.

May God Bless all here at the Forum and keep you-all Safe and Healthy.

Take Care.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                         19 March 2020

Attached are photos of a Right Front Fender for a Daytona. It came from a totaled Daytona. Bought them in 1980 somewhere in Alabama. We have both front fenders. The left has some damage a good sheet metal person should be able to easily fix.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Here they are:

odcics2

Interesting screen placement.
If you restore one and install the screen PERFECTLY centered around the hole, it's probably wrong!     :Twocents:
No two are exact.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lifsgrt

Thanks for the pics. Can you measure the distance of the front edge of the vent hole in the fender and the size of that hole please? Building a clone now for Bonneville 2020, thanks!
Best time 11.07@121

HighBanks

Guys were is a source for the fender screens, believe at one time mention of Wayne Perkins, (hopefully got last name correct) being able to help out?

Thanks Dave

426HemiChick

Quote from: Lifsgrt on March 30, 2020, 09:30:01 PM
Thanks for the pics. Can you measure the distance of the front edge of the vent hole in the fender and the size of that hole please? Building a clone now for Bonneville 2020, thanks!

Hi, Lifsgrt,                14 May 2020

The blue tape in the photos is there for that purpose. I'll go have a look and write it on paper and then post it on this thread. It'll take a couple days.

Take care.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Lifsgrt

Thanks Hemi Chick! I'd like to see those dimensions! And thanks for your Navy service, I've bummed a ride with the Navy a few times!
Best time 11.07@121

Lifsgrt

HighBanks, yes Wayne Perkins still has fender zcoop screens and correct grill screens.
Best time 11.07@121

HighBanks

Thanks for confirming Wayne still has the screens.

Does anyone know if in fact all Daytonas had screens installed?  I have seen fenders without screens. Oversight by Creative on early build cars?

Thanks Dave