News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Automatic headlight washers anyone have them ? 1971 Charger

Started by 70 sublime, February 10, 2018, 11:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Saw this video and at the 59 second mark it shows automatic headlight washers
Never heard of them before
Anyone have them ?
What does the switch on the dash look like for that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSd2QvY7wQ
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

odcics2

Had a 71 Gran Fury Coupe with them.  Activation was built into the wiper switch.  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Bronzedodge

I believe it was available on B bodies, but most of the literature I've seen shows it on C bodies.  Makes sense, If you could afford a full size, why clean your headlights by hand.   :smilielol: :smilielol:
Mopar forever!

Rolling_Thunder

I believe it was Troy who had a demo ordered white 71 Charger that had that option on it...      :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 11, 2018, 01:55:28 PM
I believe it was Troy who had a demo ordered white 71 Charger that had that option on it...      :scratchchin:

yeap, Whitey 71 R/T... he sold it looong time ago

Not really a common option

switch looks and locates just like the rear def and ram air switches, left side underdash
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Bronzedodge on February 11, 2018, 12:06:20 PM
I believe it was available on B bodies, but most of the literature I've seen shows it on C bodies.  Makes sense, If you could afford a full size, why clean your headlights by hand.   :smilielol: :smilielol:

I parted an all original 71 Charger R/T that had the headlight washer/brush system, rather rare obscure option...

greenbeast

So I am like a couple years late on this topic but I have a complete set of these if someone is looking for them

hemi68charger

Quote from: greenbeast on March 10, 2020, 10:54:07 AM
So I am like a couple years late on this topic but I have a complete set of these if someone is looking for them

Are they Charger or C-bodies? There is a difference in the wiper am and the black bottle........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

Quote from: greenbeast on March 10, 2020, 10:54:07 AM

I started this thread 

Do you have any pictures of the parts you have you could post ?

Pictures are a pain sometimes so if you want you can email them to me and I can post them in this thread
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green