News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New wheel/tire combo

Started by DownZero, March 08, 2020, 07:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownZero

Getting ready to order a set of wheels and tires. Before I lay out a bunch of dough I just want to be sure they will fit without any issues. Subject vehicle is a 69 charger, stock suspension, front disc brakes.
Crager 61c - 15x7 - 5x4.5 bc - 4" backspace - 3.5 center bore - 0 offset.  P235/60/15
Crager 61c - 15x8 - 5x4.5 bc - 4.25 backspace - 3.5 center bore - -6 offset  P275/60/15

Any issues?

Kern Dog

Yeah. The 1970s called. 15" wheels.....?  :rofl:

John_Kunkel

Arguing taste in wheels is like arguing politics but the OP has excellent taste in wheels.  :2thumbs:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

triple_green

sorry no one answered this yet, I will try. Have this exact wheel and tire combo on my charger now but on Magnum 500s with slightly different back spacing. My backspacing is 4.25 on the 15x7s and 4.5" on the 15x8s. I measured the back wheels and there is 1.5" clearance on the inside and 2" to the inner wheel lip on the outside. So it seems like these should fit. The center bore appears to be about 1 7/8". Hope this helps.

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

DownZero

Ordered, received, and installed. They look and fit great. I would post some pics but its a bear to do on this site. I got the wheels and tires from Summit. Just in case anyone was curious, the tires were dated November and December 2019.

darbgnik

Quote from: DownZero on April 03, 2020, 03:41:10 PM
Ordered, received, and installed. They look and fit great. I would post some pics but its a bear to do on this site. I got the wheels and tires from Summit. Just in case anyone was curious, the tires were dated November and December 2019.

If you want, I can upload the pics for you, not like I have anything better to do these days........ My email address is there when you click my profile.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

XH29N0G

If you get the pics on your computer, and have a PC, you can use a snipping tool to snip them.  When you save them they will be an OK size and resolution.  I save with some letters and the date and it doesn't usually have that name already taken.

I'd love to see the car with the wheels.  Locked up anyway.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

DownZero

Quote from: darbgnik on April 03, 2020, 04:30:20 PM
Quote from: DownZero on April 03, 2020, 03:41:10 PM

If you want, I can upload the pics for you, not like I have anything better to do these days........ My email address is there when you click my profile.

Can't see your email on your profile page. It states "hidden".

darbgnik

Quote from: DownZero on April 05, 2020, 03:06:53 PM

Can't see your email on your profile page. It states "hidden".

Sent you a PM.
Brad

darbgnik

Here's the pic of Down Zero's car

Really nice car!
Brad

green69rt

John_Kunkel

Quote from: darbgnik on April 06, 2020, 01:10:07 PM
Here's the pic of Down Zero's car

That's the way a Charger should look.  :2thumbs:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

krops cars

I don't care what wheel you choose. There are a lot of nice ones. Just so they don't look like old manure spreader wheels with chrome. Like 22. I have a hard time when they get that big.

CDN72SE

Can't go wrong with that combo, very nice.
1972 Charger SE

HeavyFuel

Good choice....looks great.

Bronzedodge

That's beautiful!  Is that T7 Dark Bronze?
Mopar forever!

HPP

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 08, 2020, 11:56:56 PM

Saw a blurb somewhere that said Nascar will be going to 18" wheels and tires in 2021. Single center lug, aluminum no less. 

paironines

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 08, 2020, 11:56:56 PM
I guess he could always buy directionals 🤔

DownZero

Quote from: Bronzedodge on April 13, 2020, 06:05:46 PM
That's beautiful!  Is that T7 Dark Bronze?

Correct, T7.  I like old school style. 17,18, and 20s are good for some people it's just not my style.

john108

Just in case anyone is interested, My 1968 Charger R/T came with F70-14 Polyglass tires.
I still Have the spare tire that has never been mounted.