News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger hood release

Started by skippychad, March 10, 2020, 05:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skippychad

I have a 69 charger 383.  The hood release cable housing gave out and trying to get a replacement cable.   I found one...possibly... but I'm unsure if the current one that is broken was routed correctly or was even the correct cable/ handle for the car.   The old one has the loop for the hood latch and the pull handle is black with "hood release" on it.  It is currently routed through the drivers side wheel well doing a small loop before going back into the car.  Is that right? Thanks in advance. 

myk

Are you talking about a hood release that's inside of the cabin?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 2nd Gen's came with a cable actuated hood release.  Well, mine didn't anyway...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

skippychad

Yes. I have one coming off a hood release latch and makes its was through the wheel well and the the handle is placed right above the brake release handle inside the car.    It doesn't look like an original set up but definitely has been this way long before I bought the car  25 years ago.     Maybe that's why I can't find a replacement part.  

Highbanked Hauler

Depending on what your hood latch looks like there is a remote possibility it is a VOLARE latch and cable as I used one in mine years ago.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser