News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger floor pan fitment

Started by BrugeeRT, March 10, 2020, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

I got a new floor pan for a 68 and am wondering what to do in the front corners where it attaches to the firewall.   In the corners to the outside of the frame rail, the floor pan connects to the rocker panel, the frame rail, the the bracket that connects the frame rail to the inner rocker.  your cant really get to the welds to drill them out of the lip in the front corners.  Do most people just cut the lip off in the corners and weld the floor pan like a butt joint, or is there a way to get the old floor pan lip out so you can get the new lip in.  I hope this make sense and the pictures will help.  Thanks.
Mark

Bronzedodge

Ugh.  Yeah, tight spot.  You could remove the brace completely to free up room, drill out the spot welds, etc.  If you have a good spot weld cutter, like a Blair or similar, it's not too bad.  Rust often gets in the flange/pinchweld seam.  If it was really clean, I might leave it and just do a butt weld at that section.

Glad to see the progress!  Keep it up.   :cheers:
Mopar forever!